VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When can I introduce TVP to my 8 month old's diet. I am bound and determined to get him eating healthy from the start. He hasn't had any meat yet. I just started as a vegetarian 5 days ago, but my 3 year old and husband are still meat eaters. So yeah, when can I give my 8 month old TVP?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We tried a bit of tofu last night but he did not go for it. I tried the extra firm kind though, so I think the texture might have been really strange for him. I am going to try some soft tofu when I get to the grocery store.<br><br><br><br>
I also bought some flaked yeast. I didn't mean to buy it, I meant to buy nutritional yeast but I just grabbed a bag and paid because the kids were being grumpy. Is flaked yeast the same thing as nutritional yeast?<br><br><br><br>
Angela

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I would <b>not</b> give a baby tvp. Possibly not until they are 2 years old. TVP is a good and easy meat sub, but it also makes my boys (ages 6 & 7) extremely gassy. I would be afraid that gassiness would equal some serious belly pain for your baby.<br><br><br><br>
When my boys were little we were meat eaters. But I don't think they had any meat til they were at least 18 months old. I would think you could do the same with meat subs. I fed them veggies first (around 9 months) and then fruits and then extras like grains and beans. I remember how much my little guy used to love eating baked beans by himself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts