VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never realized how beautiful they are.

Saw some yesterday at the sanctuary, and wow. So many feathers and colors, dark greys and whites. Turkeys remind me of some sort of old wise man lol.

They're awesome.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh, I agree. People are in too big of a hurry to stop and see the beauty of these animals. I always see turkeys as mythical beings--almost godlike. No wonder the early Native Americans and South Americans worshiped them so.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Our neighbours used to have turkeys when we were little so sometimes we'd have a whole bunch of them come to visit. They'd just wander around all the farms in the area, completely free with a whole bunch of babies in tow. It was great.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I would recomend turkeys over chickens for companionship. They seem more friendly. I had one on my lap making purring noises at the farm sanctuary. Of course since they are all raised for meat, they get problems.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

I think turkeys are among the ugliest animals. It's their heads.
Yeah, like some kind of second rate, reject peacocks. I like turkeys in the "so ugly it's cute!" kinda way. Their charm and sweet disposition adds to the appeal
Vultures are so ugly they're cute, too....

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I was inspired, by Michaels Farm Santuary Adoption thread, to go on the website and make a donation and I received a picture of Blossom, the turkey I chose to 'adopt' for Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think Turkeys are awesome. The sounds they make are great and they just look so regal in a way.

OregonAmy - that is a really funny mental picture of someone being chased by a flock of wild turkeys.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimra View Post

OregonAmy - that is a really funny mental picture of someone being chased by a flock of wild turkeys.
I was thinking the same thing...unless, of course, there was real danger involved!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts