VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, however the ingredients can be adjusted for almost any type of Vegetarian or Vegan lifestyle !<br><br><br><br>
Ingredients :<br><br><br><br>
3 Thin Slices of Toasted Sandwich Bread (I prefer Whole Wheat)<br><br><br><br>
3 Slices of Yves Deli "Turkey"<br><br><br><br>
2 Strips of Yves "Bacon"<br><br><br><br>
1 or 1.5 Tbsp. of Mayo (I use regular low fat mayo, but this can also be substituted for Veganaise)<br><br><br><br>
4 Tomato slices<br><br><br><br>
1/2 Cup of shredded Lettuce<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Simple Steps : I crisp the Bacon strips by pan frying them, and then I toast the bread slices. Afterwards I smooth the mayo on the bread, and stack it up like a regular club sandwich; then I cut it into four triangles and place tootpicks in each triangle to keep them from falling apart. You can serve this with a pickle and potato chips or organic french fries (Alexia's Frozen Fries are tasty).

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
this sounds good, i love the Yves deli turkey, i make this all the time minus the "bacon", i never tried the yves "bacon" i will have to get some next grocery trip!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It truly is a delicious sandwich, you should try it ! It's just like the "Classic Club Sandwich", but a whole lot better.

·
Registered
435 Posts
WAY too many expensive omini subs for my taste here (but that's just me). If I get a craving for something BLT-like, I slice some button mushrooms (the kind you get at the grocery store in the little foam box) with an egg slicer and saute them in Earth Balance and salt over medium-high heat. You start with about a quarter of the total amount of mushrooms and move those out to the edges of the pan as you add more. They get very crispy and salty and are the perfect vegan sub for bacon.<br><br><br><br>
Though I admit I like the hickory-smoke Deli slices Tofurky makes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts