VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I usually hate fake meats and cheeses. I became vegan over a decade ago when imitation products were horrific so I stopped trying. I went out on a limb this week while grocery shopping and I bought Amys 1/4lb burgers and the daiya cheese. I was afraid of both so I just sucked it up and made a cheese burger and it was AMAZING. I am so shocked and happy. LOL. Thats what I get for never trying anything. I missed out big time. Today we are BBQing and Mike is going to love these dang burgers!!! I cant wait for him to taste them! This morning he made us a wonderful vegan brunch and I ate the "cheese" again and it was like eating baby angels. WOW. I will no loonger be a stick in the mud when it comes to trying new things.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I am going to get those Amy Burgers tommrow to try. So I will let everyone know. I am very limited on how and what I can eat because of teeth problems but, I am glad I am making a good decision to go Veg.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

I am going to get those Amy Burgers tommrow to try. So I will let everyone know. I am very limited on how and what I can eat because of teeth problems but, I am glad I am making a good decision to go Veg.
The taste and texture is amazing, I hope you can enjoy them. Great job going veg.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Uggghhh, I'm drooling! Have you ever tried Gardein products? They have these AMAZING fake buffalo wings, and you add sauce yourself, so you can make them mildly hot to super spicy. They're great!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I do like the gardein!! I got it for my hubby and tried it and I was really impressed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I LOVE Morningstar burgers. My meat eating husband even likes them and I love how quickly they cook on the grill.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama884 View Post

The taste and texture is amazing, I hope you can enjoy them. Great job going veg.
Thanks for the congrats
its a long time coming with me. After all the battles I had over the last year or so. I am finally able to have full access to many options and living ways away from my very judgemental in laws.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Those Amy's burgers sound good! Especially 1/4 pound. All the veggie burgers I've seen tend to be pretty small patties, so they aren't very filling for me because I don't like crunchy veggies on my burgers, but the 1/4 pound amy's burger sounds really filling. are they vegan?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts