VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as a new "veggie" I am pleased to say I have been trying a lot of new things and feel proud of myself. I have been experimenting and trying new recipes and have even given tofu a try. I have some work to do on the tofu...but will certainly have it again. Thanks to everyone on "the boards" for all the support !!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's Great! Isn't it fun trying new foods and recipes? I've been trying new foods too and loving it! I like kale! who knew? I didn't even know what it was, I had to ask my mom and then I was at the grocery store looking at the labels wrapped around the produce to find one that said "kale"! lol! and shiitake mushrooms! love them! there's only one store that has them though. and I've been eating lots of chickpeas too, and I had pinenuts for the first time in a recipe, I've just been cookin up a storm!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Last night I made quiche for the first time of my life - I think I've finally found the perfect use for tofu! It's so yummy, I ate it for dinner and breakfast and if there was any left, I'd have it for lunch and dinner again! Cooking adventures are awesome

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

I hated tofu at first. Turns out it wasn't being cooked properly.
This was my experience as well. Just about the time I got the hang of it, I also discovered tempeh and seitan and my cooking life changed forever. There is so much great veggie stuff out there. Keep trying new things. My "food world" really expanded after I abandoned the practice of looking for recipes and then hunting down the ingredients and just started grabbing "funky" lookin' stuff off the shelf and bringing it home and going from there. I'd be like "oh, look at that purple, leafy thing with the name I can't pronounce, gotta' have that."

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I haven't been brave enough to try the seitan or tempeh yet. I will get there eventually. I haven't found a way to use tofu that I'm really in love with yet either......it is a journey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts