VeggieBoards banner

Try not to be judgemental, but...

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  LedZepplin4life 
#1 ·
I went back to being vegetarian maybe a week or so ago [after being vegan for a year], and I have to say...

I was kind of shocked.

Lots of the foods that I used to love, I'm not that huge of a fan of anymore. Eggs [which I just had a few hours ago, actually] seem kind of gross, and kind of make me feel sick. Cheesecake [used to absolutely love] isn't my favorite anymore. Cheese pizza, which I never really was a fan of anyways, was kind of disappointing. I even made an egg sandwich with cheese on top, which I used to be a fan of, and it was also kind of a disappointment. I don't drink milk [seems kind of repulsive, and even though we have chocolate milk in the fridge], and I still buy the vegan margarine.

I keep hearing, "Oh you're just not used to eating that yet", but I'm pretty sure that's not it. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all.

#3 ·
Your pallet has adjusted.

Your eating crap again, and so it has to get used to the crap, and readjust.

Give it awhile for adjustment, and those things will probably taste good again.

and who knows, perhaps your tastebuds are trying to tell you something.

#4 ·
I found exactly the same thing. After I had given up eggs and dairy for a few months, I had fries with mayo (which I used to love). It was yucky -- tasted just like fat. Cheese on a veggie burger tasted like greasy fat.

It kind of worries me, actually. I don't overly like what I'm eating now, and now I don't even like eating what I used to like. Pretty soon I won't like anything, and I used to love eating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.