VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went veg August 2006 and since then my weight just seems to have stabalized. I have lost 58 pounds since last march, but most of that was from BEFORE I went veg. Lately I have even been trying to avoid dairy as much as possible. I exercise and do not usually eat unhealthy. Any reason why it was so much easier to lose weight when I was a meat eater?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
How much more weight were you expecting to lose? 58lbs is no joke. After a certain point, you will just stop losing weight until you make a further change in diet/lifestyle. I don't know your current or past physical status, but if you're staying active and you're eating reasonably, then maybe your body is telling you it is now where it is naturally supposed to be.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

How much more weight were you expecting to lose? 58lbs is no joke. After a certain point, you will just stop losing weight until you make a further change in diet/lifestyle. I don't know your current or past physical status, but if you're staying active and you're eating reasonably, then maybe your body is telling you it is now where it is naturally supposed to be.
Oh, sorry. I forgot to put in my original post that I still have 20 pounds to go.

I just (today) reinjured my foot in the same spot that took over three months to heal so now I am not going to be able to exercise for awhile. I usually do cardio (running and eliptical) so now I guess I will have to focus on strength training until my foot is healed again

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I'm finding the same problem but I'm attributing it to the fact that I just went through menopause....I truly believe it makes a difference. I also eat well and exercise regularly. I think it was easier to lose weight as a meat eater because it's easier to cut back on carbs when you eat meat. Not that I'm advocating Atkins or anything like that, cuz I'm not. I was always big on carbs and as long as I watched my calories and fat intake I did fine in the weight loss department. I just know that at my age now it has become increasingly difficult. I'm struggling just to maintain. Even the healthy protein beans/legumes are high carb. The past two years I have found that about every six months or so I need to cut back on calories and increase the exercise. It's very frustrating since I love to eat and hate to exercise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts