VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a strict vegetarian for five years now, and i am traveling for about 6 months next year to spain, england and india. I know some of these places are pretty good about the veg. thing and i have done some research but i thought maybe someone has personal experience they would like to share. Thanks.

·
Registered
617 Posts
i've been to england, and finding vegetarian food is so easy. i personally think europe is an easier place to be veg because it's not hard to find a veg option at fast food places, especially falafel. although i haven't been to spain, and when i went to portugal i never ate out. i like using hostel kitchens!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Wales (next door to England) and you will be fine finding veggie food there.

I've never been to India (although I might be going at the end of this year to a friend's wedding) so it's good to hear that it's 'especially easy' to get veggie food there.

I've been to a few places in Spain, Barcelona is pretty easy to find veggie food but I found it more difficult in Seville and Cordoba (but that might have been my fault!) I did eat an awful lot of bread, tomatoes and oranges on that trip (but they were all good!)

Happy travelling!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I traveled to Turkey & Greece a few years ago & I didn't think it was too horribly difficult to find veggie options. There were alot of lentel soups and veggie options. I wasn't yet vegan then. No where in the world are the people total carnavors. Every place with have alteast fresh vegetable readily avaliable even if they don't have all the totally vegan or frozen/canned things that we have here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I was in the UK, eating was excellent. There was a lot more labelling of vegetarian items, and a much bigger variety of foods. There was even a Quorn sandwich at the McDonalds...
Not that I advocate eating at McDonalds, but it was just so different...definitely no trouble there at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You'll have absolutely no problem finding something vegetarian to eat while in England, especially if you go to the towns and cities. Depening on where you are going you may even find a lot of vegan options.

I can comment on India or Spain but when I recently went to Greece there were plenty of different options; soups, pizzas, legumes, etc. I enjoyed all the meals I had there.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have a friend who spent a year travelling round India and informs me that vegetarian or vegan food is a doddle.

I've never had a hard time in Spain, you just might get the same degree of choice.

In fact, the only problems I've ever had were in China and Korea, but that was mainly down to my lack of language skills I think - when I managed to communicate I had great meals. Everywhere else has been great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts