VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm going to be on the road tomorrow and I"m not sure what to do about the food situation....<br><br><br><br>
I rarely eat out...and I'm traveling with two of my friends who will most likely want to grab something while we're on teh road. Any suggestions as to what to look for/get/places to go?<br><br><br><br>
I'm trying to avoid bringing my own lunch because I'm embarassed...I'm trying to gain weight and recovering but I dont want them to think I'm avoiding eating out with them you know? Just I'm not sure whats going to be available and when...erghhh this is frustrating!<br><br><br><br>
What do you guys do when you travel with friends?<br><br><br><br>
p.s. one of them is a vegetarian but he doesnt eat very "healthy" so it helps that he's not a carnivore but it doesnt that he's not as health concsious as i....<br><br><br><br>
i wish that this trip could just be fun and relaxing...and not have to worry about what kinda food i'm gonna find on teh way....meh....

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'd bring some food along that you can fall back on if you really can't find anything that you like. If you don't end up needing it, you can always eat it later or share it as a snack.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I agree about bringing snacks. When Im going somewhere and am not sure what the eating situations are gonna be I usually bring something along (not packing a meal, just stuff to much on, like raisins, almonds, other dried fruits, little baggies of chips or crackers, juice, etc).<br><br>
How long are you traveling for?<br><br>
I am a pretty healthy eater for the most part too, and I usually find decent stuff in restaurants. Not really health food but I mean not junk food either. Most sit down, family style restaurants like Dennys have a veggie burger of some sort. I also enjoy a lot of different salads just ordered without the meat.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
taco bell is a good fast food spot for veg options and they will xchange meat for beans if you ask.<br><br>
although be careful, i had nachos there today and i said no meat and there was a little bit of meat in there like they started to put it on then remembered.<br><br><br><br>
burger king has a veggie burger option too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts