VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,<br><br>
I'm not a vegetarian, I'm just looking into it right now.<br><br>
I'm trying to get my head around what my grocery list would look like now and my daily meals.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Hi Bob, and welcome. Hopefully you will jump over the fence and join a healthy and compassionate lifestyle! Did you check out the very first sticky in this section? It's "how to stock your pantry....."<br><br>
Really good ideas in there.<br><br>
Switching over to a lot more veggies, fruits, grains like quinoa, oats, whole grains, legumes-lentils, etc. Also if you like to cook, trying ethnic cooking can become your friend. It's amazing what flavors with spices and herbs are out there, when you step out of the meat and potato routine!<br><br>
What else can we help you with?

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
You may want to take a look at vegetarian and vegan cookbooks at your local bookstore. In the back (or sometimes in the front) of many veg cookbooks, there is a shopping list.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with the previous posters, plus you'll cook based on your personal tastes and dietary needs. I'm insulin resistant, but have had no problem eating 90% whole food, even though it's high carb.<br><br>
Personally, I'm a new vegan.<br><br>
I usually have fruit and oatmeal for breakfast. I just really happen to like them. Tomorrow I'm making wholewheat pancakes with whole blueberries reduced into a syrup.<br><br>
For lunch, I usually have leftovers from dinner the night before. If I don't feel like having leftovers, I make a wrap with a thick layer of homemade hummus, and stuff it full of veggies.<br><br>
Dinner has been everything from curry lentil stew (with lentils, potatoes and carrots), to vegan chili, mushroom stew, rice and beans with sauteed onions and green peppers, etc. There are so many recipes, so many cookbooks, etc, we couldn't possibly give you all the possible options here.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Welcome to VB! If you need help making the transition, we're happy to provide it.<br><br>
For me (vegan), a typical day is:<br><br>
Fruit and/or cereal for breakfast, occasionally a fruit smoothie<br><br>
Some kind of bean stew or tofu stir fry for lunch with a little salad, sometimes an apple, too, for lunch<br><br>
Soup and salad for dinner.<br><br>
I'm pretty repetitive in my food, because I'm lazy and have no problem eating the same thing over and over. But that doesn't work for a lot of people. The suggestion to look at some cookbooks is great. What kind of food do you usually like to eat? Do you spend a lot of time cooking or no?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts