VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else tried them? There really good! You don't have to clean them or trim them, just put them in a pot and cook them! Cheap too!

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
I tend to not like Trader Joe's prepackaged way of selling produce. I like to look over each individual item I buy and choose the ones I want specifically. Less packaging that way too.

What sort of greens are they? "Southern Style" brings to mind ham hocks and butter and bacon and such - I'm assuming these are just a bunch of greens? They sound good and easy though!! Easy is always nice.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too, that's why I was so surprised! It's mostly young collards with some turnip and mustard greens mixed in. Maybe some kale. Its a really big bag. They are always very fresh and I cook them the same day. I fry up some onions, put in a chopped tomato, the greens, and season with black pepper, braggs and a little liquid smoke. Eat em with tobasco!

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

I tend to not like Trader Joe's prepackaged way of selling produce. I like to look over each individual item I buy and choose the ones I want specifically. Less packaging that way too.

What sort of greens are they? "Southern Style" brings to mind ham hocks and butter and bacon and such - I'm assuming these are just a bunch of greens? They sound good and easy though!! Easy is always nice.
I was thinking about this. I dont see why they have to use the plastic trays for all there vegetables even if they want to prepackaged them. Why cant they just use a bag?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think Trader Joe's would be a total produce graveyard if it weren't for the plastic. Not that I agree with all the unnecessary packaging, but my guess is that it helps it from going bad even quicker than it already does. I am not familiar with their methods of acquiring produce, but whatever it is, it must take them too long. Nothing I buy from them ever lasts much past 2-3 days, even in the fridge, before getting fuzzy. Maybe it's just the one around here, though...

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
My TJ's carries Greens with Envy in the frozen section. It has broccoli, edamame, spinach, green beans and asparagus. I love it. Although it's mostly edamame (which I thought I didn't like, but I do!) with some of the other veggies thrown in for good measure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts