VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Thanks, WG, for sharing this. Now, I need to turn on my printer..

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Good article. Very true about having to unlearn all the myths we were raised with. Even more difficult is trying to educate peeps that you are in fact not causing your body nutritional harm by eating veg*n. If only they'd get as concerned about what the SAD is doing to peoples health.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Good article. Very true about having to unlearn all the myths we were raised with. Even more difficult is trying to educate peeps that you are in fact not causing your body nutritional harm by eating veg*n. If only they'd get as concerned about what the SAD is doing to peoples health.
I know, right?

I just found another really good One Green Planet article, I'll just post it here so I don't spam the forum with too many threads: The Vegan Food Spectrum: From Veggies, Fruits and Grains to Fakin' Bacon Chocolate Bars!

Quote:
Those uninitiated to the serenity of a vegan lifestyle often look at me (and my 12 years vegan) with a mixture of pity and incredulity. Especially with the holidays and heavy-duty feasting coming up. "You don't eat meat, poultry, seafood, or even dairy!? I could never live on leaves."
A lot of us vegans, who have heard a million variations of this, just smile. The truth is: my diet is a lot more varied since I became a vegan. I'm eager to try new vegetables and fruits and grains. Thinking outside the bun allows me to dip into the cuisines of different geographical regions and traditions. I'm quite sure I never bit into a luscious lingonberry or a savory seitan picatta while I was still an omnivore.
This is so true... If anything my problem has been finding too much delicious food since going vegan. Willpower is not my thing!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for sharing these articles
I just went through the whole site and its awesome! I think I read every vegan article they have haha

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylaxmae View Post

Thanks for sharing these articles
I just went through the whole site and its awesome! I think I read every vegan article they have haha
Yay! They are a relatively new site but I love them, lots of good content

1 - 11 of 11 Posts