VeggieBoards banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

· Banned
3,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Do you have a Stater Bros near you? They sell both, at least my location does.
Actually there's one on my way home from school. My family usually shops at WalMart unless they need something fast but I could probably be able to get them to take me to stock up one day, and if not I could go on my way home and get a bag or two of them. So they have the oriental and chili of the Nissin one?

· Premium Member
51,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Actually there's one on my way home from school. My family usually shops at WalMart unless they need something fast but I could probably be able to get them to take me to stock up one day, and if not I could go on my way home and get a bag or two of them. So they have the oriental and chili of the Nissin one?
That's where I bought my current bags, both flavors

· Premium Member
51,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

i work @ shopwrong and we don't carry the chili.
not like i'd eat it anyway it's like a sodium bomb. haha.
just looking out for the bf.
See, people say that all the time, but it's not too bad in sodium if you don't drink the broth. I always end up dumping out 3/4 of it anyway. Then I add Sriracha

· Banned
3,829 Posts
I didnt have to walk home today (yay!) so I didn't get any but I asked my mom and she said she'll take me to get a case tomorrow, so I can't wait!

Has anyone tried eating these with tofu? I've never had tofu in a soup but I'm more thinking of frying them with the drained noodles and seasoning them with the flavor packets? Sorry if it sounds weird but it just seems like it could make it more interesting

· Registered
12,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

not like i'd eat it anyway it's like a sodium bomb. haha.
You say that like it's a bad thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Mmmmm, sodium bomb!

I actually cook my Ramen in plain water, drain leaving only a tablespoon or so of water, and then mix in the entire seasoning packet.
My sister does this too but she doesn't even cook them. She just eats them dry with the seasoning packet sprinkled on top.

· Banned
3,829 Posts
Thanks for posting that picture, I didn't know the Chili one is green, I thought it'd be a shade of red, since it's chili, but I guess they don't want to confuse people with the beef flavour. That's too bad that they don't sell them in the boxes but the price is still a good deal to buy a bunch of them
I'm so excited to get some, is the chili one very spicy?

· Banned
1,157 Posts
i thought it would be red as well !
i used to eat ramen all the time, before i cared.
in the microwave
haha i used to put the block of noddles in a bowl with some water put it on for a few minutes, stab the noodles apart with a spoon, put it back in, take it out, stab, add some butter, more time, take it out stir, add seasoning, put it back in.
lmaooooooo

· Premium Member
51,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Thanks for posting that picture, I didn't know the Chili one is green, I thought it'd be a shade of red, since it's chili, but I guess they don't want to confuse people with the beef flavour. That's too bad that they don't sell them in the boxes but the price is still a good deal to buy a bunch of them
I'm so excited to get some, is the chili one very spicy?
Yeah, it's pretty spicy.

· Banned
3,829 Posts
I got these bowls once from a special store so I can make them with a microwave too.
. The bowls are like ceramic pots with painted decorations on them and they have a lid so you can microwave some water and put it over the dry noodles and seasoning and cover the pot for three minutes or so. If you've seen Ponyo, that's what I'm talking about. I saw the movie and then a week later I got really bad pneumonia and wanted soup so she went looking everywhere for them for me and finally found some so she bought one for all of us.

And I'm glad they're spicy, but at the same time me and spicy foods have a love/hate relationship
. I think everythings spicy but I can tolerate cup and noodles being spicy, though I kind of dance around looking for a jug of water when I eat it because I freak out when I realize how spicy it is. I think I'll like the chili flavor though, I'll just need to have a drink really close by

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.