VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought some peelu cinnamon toothpaste the other day...and what is wrong with that stuff?? is it supposed to be chalkey and cake-y and nasty and gross and disgusting? the taste isn't bad..but i'm thinking i must have got some tube gone bad, cause damn...that stuff isn't cutting it.

anyone tried this stuff?

i'm sticking to thom's and desert essence from now on...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You like Thom's? Jasons is the only one I've been able to bear. I've come to like it, actually, so who knows whether or not I may find other more natural brands acceptable at this point.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i just switched to natural toothpaste not long ago. tried the desert essence stuff. it was decent...but ugh, it has sodium lauryl sulfate in it. this stuff is nasty and carcinogenic...i came to read not long afterwards.

my next one was a green algae and mint type from jasons. its really really powerfull stuff man! woo. no sodium lauryl sulfate either. i think i'll be trying a different kind when i run out of my current one.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I tried that stuff too Funkified... It's pretty bad!

I have not found a good vegan toothpaste. I use Tom's of Maine, but I don't like the taste; it's too strong. I've tried spearamint, peppermint, and others, but haven't found any I like yet. I guess I just grew up on Colgate and Crest and am used to that refreshing taste, but now that I know they test on animals I don't want to use them anymore.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i should try jason's next time.

i forgot - most of the time i use nature's gate, but they dont have it at the tiny health food store here.

yeah, nature's gate would be my fav, but i don't mind thom's...

but blech..never do the peelu thing! they should stick with their vegan gum and that's it. so it wasnt just me, huh, kpickell? yeah, i wonder if they are aware of the nastiness that toothpaste emits...

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
i like tom's of maine, i buy their toothpaste and deoderant. their packages talking about their devotion to environmental causes, etc always makes me feel good heh. i'm such a sucker.

anyway, the only other brand i tried was kiss my face and it was terrible. it's green and viscous and the weirdest toothpaste you'll ever try. and i don't recommend it.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Kiss My Face toothpaste is by far the best I've tried so far (haha stonecrest). I don't like Tom's much, but their mouthwash is okay. Rembrandt makes a good vegan toothpaste - I think it's the naturals. Burts Bees toothpaste is gross.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Seems there's a product for everyone. BTW, I also use and enjoy Jasons mouthwash, though it is expensive.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I must say that I love Toms of Maine. When I have gone back to "regular toothpaste" I have found them so artificial that I have hated them.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Regular toothpaste is awful. We're out of the other kind, so I'm stuck brushing with it. I mean I can't let my teeth rot.

By the way, Jason's Healthy Mouth is the best one I have tried. I've begun to enjoy it, although its quite strong.

lovenlight,

linz

·
Registered
478 Posts
I always find the worst tasting toothpastes... KMF whitening w/ aloe is really gross. Jason's citrus flavor makes me gag, and their healthy mouth flavor tastes like noxema. I'm not fond of Nature's Gate anise flavor either. There's also some other brand .. i forget what it's called, but it was weird brownish color and not too pleasant tasting either. ick.

·
Registered
0 Posts
stonecrest: I LOVE THE KISS MY FACE TOOTHPASTE. IT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH BRUSHING MY TEETH.

No, seriously, it's my favorite stuff by far. I loathe Jason's gel pastes. And Tom's is palatable, but I prefer the KMF stuff.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FemmeDemonica

stonecrest: I LOVE THE KISS MY FACE TOOTHPASTE. IT MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH BRUSHING MY TEETH.
weirdo! FD is a weirdo!

and i'd just like to reiterate that tom's of maine toothpaste is the best.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You get used to the Tom's toothpaste after a while. I guess its because we have been so used to the sweet stuff pre-vegan. I use the spearmint kind and it's quite refreshing.

Jason is ok too, but too expensive for my budget. I'd recommend the Sea Fresh kind, because it's sweet tasting. Healthy Mouth made me sick for some reason. It was ok, but it tasted like I had dumped tins of crushed cloves and cinnamon in m mouth. Too strong.

(tip for the frugal veggies: If you live in New England, take a trip up to Kennebunk Maine to the Tom's factory store at least once a year. They have all sorts of toothpastes marked down. Most to a dollar each!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts