VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
i can't imagine how you'd get "too much" fiber eating a variety of vegetables and grains. sure, some of the nutrients aren't absorbed in a high fiber diet, but there is a LOT more nutrients in these foods in the first place. i think you're worried about nothing. fiber is the broom of the body.

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
i'm eating a diet that gives the me best health, which includes a lot of natural fiber in the foods i eat. i don't measure it at all, because there is no need to. yes, i eat a lot of fiber. if i ate 100 grams a day, it wouldn't concern me in the least. i'm a lot more concerned about avoiding concentrated fats. if you're concerned with fiber for whatever reason, why not eat grits or white rice or white bread or spaghetti and get fiber free calories that way?

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocrob37 View Post

I am only concerned if it is bad for you and unfortunately I have not been able to find any information on the subject except for the few things I have read on line. I too am concerned about eating healthy and knowing that people like you who have been vegetarian for a good amount of time and don't have an issue with large quantities of fiber definitely puts me more at ease. I would like to read some information from a credible nutritionist though. I also realize there is a big difference in what MDs say and nutritionists. I definitely value the opinion of a nutritionist over an MD when it does to diet.
you can opinion shop and get a number of responses. my nutritionists recommend meat. does that make it good for me? i can assure you that the hospitals are full of people who eat too little fiber because the foods they eat mostly are empty calories. i've never in my nursing career seen anyone suffering from "too much fiber". in fact, i don't think i've ever had a vegan patient who ate a balanced plant diet. this vs. thousands who ate the wrong foods and suffered terribly from it. it's a no brainer to me. good luck, whatever you decide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts