VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would pass this along:

Quote:
According to the HSUS Hollywood office, CBS's CSI:CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION will focus on animal issues in this week's television episode. The show synopsis is below. Be sure to check local listings for exact times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSI Investigates Factory Farming - Thursday, Dec. 7, 9 p.m.

CBS' top-rated CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION is once again tackling a difficult animal issue in this week's episode, "Loco Motives." A bizarre series of murders, including the death of a rock star who speaks out against an industrialized chicken farming operation, leads the CSI team to uncover what really goes on behind closed doors at a chicken slaughterhouse.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I don't watch CSI normally but I'll tune in tonight to see how they handle this subject.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They've covered animal rights issues in the past. They did one on gorilla skinning and another on canned hunts, which won them an activist award.

They have a pretty good history with that sort of thing.

The concept of factory farming is actually going to carry on throughout the whole season and is tied to the Miniature Crime Scene Killer case - their biggest storyline.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thanks for letting us know.

I sometimes watch and sometimes it just creeps me out too much. I love Jorja - I am sure she is glad when they cover these topics.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
My father watches this show all the time. Hopefully he'll watch this episode.

CSI is such a good show, the times I've seen it.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Hm, this is one of the rare times that I wish I still owned a television. I'm eager to hear how you all like it.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

I'm eager to hear how you all like it.
And I'd like to hear some kind of a description about how factory farming (and activists, possibly) were portrayed in it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

This is one of those times I glad I have two tvs! I can watch Grey's Anatomy and tape CSI!
Totally off topic, but if I'm not mistaken, can't you record one show on your VCR while watching a different show on the same tv, no need for two tvs? We used to do that all the time.

On topic, I used to watch CSI up to the end of last season. I wish I could see this episode though, but I don't have tv.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obladiblada View Post

Totally off topic, but if I'm not mistaken, can't you record one show on your VCR while watching a different show on the same tv, no need for two tvs? We used to do that all the time.
I think it would work if she has cable TV but uses her VCR as her converter. That's what I was able to do when I still had analog cable. But when my cable company switched to digital, I had to get digital converters hooked up to my sets. Ever since, I can record and watch only one channel at a time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Here's the description on my guide:

Quote:
Grissom investigates when a worker at a poultry processing plant is found dead in a stun bath used to electrocute chickens before they are slaughtered. Nearby, a miniature replica of the crime scene is discovered.
I'm catching the show a little late, just turned it on.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I think it would work if she has cable TV but uses her VCR as her converter. That's what I was able to do when I still had analog cable. But when my cable company switched to digital, I had to get digital converters hooked up to my sets. Ever since, I can record and watch only one channel at a time.
Ah, I see. We didn't have cable, just local channels.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Grey's was a repeat tonight anyway. Weeeee. I watched most of the CSI episode.

I have digital cable and I don't have a DVR. Mine's set up the same way amy described. On regular cable, I could watch one thing and record another, but with the digital cable box, I can only record what's playing on the TV.

Comcast gets too much of my money as it is. I'm being stubborn about shelling out more for the DVR. I know. I'm the queen of wasting money, but for some reason i'm being really hardnosed about this.

Because I'm a nerd, I actually clapped when Danny Bonaduce did his little anti-cruelty commercial on the show.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts