VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some. What do I put it on? I should have bought bagels. Can I make cheese cake with it?

·
Registered
622 Posts
i love adding some relish to it add making a dip

they also make great vegan oreo balls!

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

I just got some. What do I put it on? I should have bought bagels. Can I make cheese cake with it?
It's delicious for and with anything dairy cream cheese was.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
bagels, toast, crackers. mix in herbs like chives and dill for more flavor, mix in chopped strawberries or pineapple for a sweeter spread.

use it for making frosting, cream cheese frosting goes great with carrot cake, just mix tofutti with powdered sugar and a little liquid.

also good for making creamy sauces, just add a tbsp or 2 to a white wine sauce and it turn creamy after some stirring.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I mix mine with oil vinegarette and make chipdip. When I have toffuti sour cream on hand I add some of that too for a better texture, but it works with just the cream cheese.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yes, you can make cheesecake with it. I've had vegan cheesecake but have not made it myself.

Your sig says you do not consume soy, but this is a soy product.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh, I love this stuff so much! Especially the herbs and chives one. I plan to have some tonight on a baked potato with salad.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

Can I make cheese cake with it?
You can and you should! It's awesome.

I've not found any need to stray from the original recipe I used, the first time I was making this stuff. I just modify this recipe to make different kinds of cheesecakes (topped with berries like in the blog, Oreo cheesecake, lemon lime, blueberry swirl, almond and cherry... next time I want to try chocolate orange!
).

http://veganpandamonium.blogspot.com...heesecake.html

·
Registered
632 Posts
cut into a date lengthwise, fill it with cream cheese and top with an almond (or your favorite nut).
dee-lish!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried it on a every thing bagel this morning, made me want to hurl. If it's soy I won't get it again. I keep forgetting about soy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just today, actually, I made "Taco Ticos." I learned how to make them in my 7th grade cooking class, so they're extremely easy! But not extremely healthy.

All it is is crescent roll dough with less than a tablespoon or so of Taco Seasoning Mix mixed with about a fourth of the container of Tofutti Cream cheese [mind you, we used the "real thing" 5 years ago, but when I made the "fake ones" today, they tasted the exact same].

You spread the "mix" on the crescent rectangles and role the longer part up. Cut them into eights and put them on a cookie sheet in the oven for about 5 - 10 minutes depending on your oven [mines really hot so I do 5] at 400 degrees.

They're SO YUMMY. They're ideal for appetizers, but I'm guilty of eating them for a meal!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts