VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got Tofurkey for the first time. I got the hickory slices to put between bread. It was good. But Jesus Christ! Do they have to make them so paper thin? It got lost in the bread. It's like they are too cheap to give you more.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
i think maybe they make them so thin to simulate thin sliced deli slices - shaved, Maybe? I really like them like that. Thick is icky... with thin slices, you ruffle them up, and it's gooood...mmm tofuuurrrrky....

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hmm, I never thought it was odd or annoying at all. I always assumed they were exactly replicating the texture of those cheap lunch meats, the kind that come in the plastic packets for less than a dollar, and there's only like two servings in the package...know what I'm talking about? Those are the lunch meats I grew up on, I love Tofurkey because it reminds of them, only tastier. I too dislike thick sliced "meats".

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yeah, if the slices are too thin just put more on.

And can I just say, the Tofurky Beer Sausages, on a toasted bun, with a little sauerkraut and mustard...SO good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you guys are right, I could always add more slice(s). But they're so expensive! I wanna get my money's worth. It's fine if they're thin, give me more slices then.

Also, I guess I am the only one who grew up on those cheap thick slices.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Purr hickory tofurky.

I say: toasted bread with dijon and vegenaise, sprouts, a tomato slice, tofurky, and some salt and pepper

Do it.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Yeah, if the slices are too thin just put more on.

And can I just say, the Tofurky Beer Sausages, on a toasted bun, with a little sauerkraut and mustard...SO good.
OMG, I just ordered these online because they don't sell them anywhere near me....I so don't miss hot dogs anymore! These are the best served exactly the way you said!

·
Registered
885 Posts
OMG they are SOOO much better now that they are thin. THey used to be thicker and I didn't like them half as much.

I usually use two slices on a sandwich, along with a slice of cheese, some lettuce and tomato, and mayo/honey mustard. It still goes pretty far that way and you "get your money's worth" ;-) .

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

Also, I guess I am the only one who grew up on those cheap thick slices.
The lunch meats I'm thinking of are cheaper than the thick slices. They were always 2 or 3 for a dollar, I remember.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.