VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had these and what do they taste like? Are they actually like brats or do they taste like Tofurkey slices in a different form?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I don't like the italian flavor because I don't like spicy food and they are mildly spicy. I do like the kielbasa a lot. I find the texture fine. But as I've stated, I'm not a picky eater. I think they are different than Tofurkey roast.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I tried the brats.

In a hot dog they were just like normal veggie dogs... but there was a different spice.

I ultimately chopped them up, fried them with onions, and made beenie-weenie's with them.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
all of the Tofurkey sausages are big favorites of mine. LOVE. THEM.

I don't even bother preparing them in a dish. I eat them cold and plain, right out of the package. Cuz that's how I roll...

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How realistic tasting are they? I keep picking them up at the store, getting grossed out that they look so real, and putting them back.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
if I remember correctly (it's been over 15 years), they are very realistic. not quite as dense and chewy as the real thing, but I know a lot of omnis who really like them. I've done them sliced and browned in a skillet, and served on a pasta marinara type dish, and the omnis raved...

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I will have to pass then. I can't handle fake meat that's too "real." And they are probably too spicy to feed the dogs if I don't like them.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The tofurkey brats have a good flavor, but they get too crispy/dry/crunchy on the outside on the grill (which is the only way I've had them). They might work better if your grillmaster is a little more attentive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had them, I have to say I liked the Polish-style ones better. My dad who's an omnivore loves them. The texture's definitely different than meat, the taste is really good though. I recommend them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts