VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I like frozen/thawed tofu the best for cooking. When I get my tofu home, I drain out the water, press out the block, slice it into 3/4" slices (give or take), wrap them up individually and freeze. That way, if I want some tofu, I can cook up a slice or two at a time instead of worrying about trying to eat the whole thing at once or worse, keeping it in the fridge and trying to remember to change the water each day (which I never seem to be able to do).

Curd style (the stuff typically in water) is much better for this than the silken and the firm is my personal favorite, too.

For salad dressings, there's one that I use all the time at this link. I also listed a sour cream recipe in there, too but I use the ranch recipe way more than I do the sour cream one so I only make the one thing and use it for just about everything. It doesn't taste exactly like the milk and mayo version, but I think it's pretty darn close. Especially since I don't keep soy milk and vegannaise on hand (there's a recipe that calls for making ranch with the dip packets which are vegan along with soy milk and vegannaise instead of that other stuff).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts