1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's food intake:

Breakfast - 4 dates, and a banana
Snack - Apple & grapes
Lunch - Salad with cukes, broccoli, onion, and tomato.
Dinner - Two veggie stir fry wraps
Snack - 4 dates and a slice of toast with coconut butter

Sound OK?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just me, but I would try to eat more at breakfast - maybe some oatmeal or something. Or if you can't face something like that in the morning, maybe a smoothie. Or a fruit salad as opposed to the dates. Also, I can't see much protein in there: I know there is protein in everything, but it doesn't look like there would be enough for you daily needs. Try some beans or some tofu in your wraps. Also, another thing, maybe cut out some of the dates. They're quite high in sugar, and yes, its better sugar than the white refined crap you find in doughnuts, but its still a lot compared to other fruits.

But that's just me and what I would do. There will be countless other answers to your question..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love dates yum!!! Myself I'd probably for breakfast if you wanted to cut down the dates a little as per the above suggestion switch to 1 date chopped with some nuts and added to porridge.

Lunch I'd add some chickpeas to the salad or beans.

As a snack you could eat 2 dates and a small handful of nuts instead.

As for your question, is that enough, If you're still hungry at the end of the day then no it's not. If you're satisfied then yes.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I would definitely starve on that menu
It's a good start, but it looks so low in calories and fat...Maybe add some carbs to your breakfast and lunch. I like the suggestions above for adding beans, they're my favourite

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I'd be very hungry on that diet. Try a hearty vegetable soup instead of salad - you'll get more weight in your tummy an feel full! And add some whole grains, like brown rice, in that soup. Also, beans and legumes are your friends. They fill you up, give you protein and fiber, and have little or no fat.

Check out "The Happy Herbivore". She's got a blog and two cookbooks that are full of healthy and low-fat recipes.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
It's great that you are eating so many fruits and vegetables, but you are not eating nearly enough protein, fat, or calories.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Greens?

·
Banned
437 Posts
You ate some really good stuff, but some grains, heavier foods and more concentrated protein sources might be good to add. How about snacking on nuts, adding avocado to wraps and having veggie pasta, different kinds of beans and rice?

Listen to your body. If you're hungry and constantly craving things, you need more food.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I made some veggie soup, with Quinoa in it. Love it! Potatoes, tomato, carrot, veggie stock, onion, garlic, soy sauce.......

Today's intake:
Breakfast - Slice of bread with hazelnut butter & a banana
Snack - Dried banana chips
Lunch - Bowl of veggie soup & a maple pecan chewy granola bar
Snack - 2 handfuls of cashews
Dinner - Amy's vegan frozen pizza (Don't feel like cooking tonight)
Snack - Pineapple - Delicious for this time of year, I was surprised!

Does that sound a little better?

I do make smoothies about every other morning, and usually have that along with a piece of toast with coconut butter on it.

I'll try to get more beans. I came from a low-carb diet, so going "low-carb' is what I'm used to. Hard for me to get that out of my head because I did it for YEARS!

I really am not feeling all that great, tired of these weird headache pains I keep getting, so I'm just looking for all your input. Thank you so much for the guidance!

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
It does look a bit better. You might want to try using a food-tracking website like Sparkpeople.com. I use it a lot, and I love it.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I agree get some oatmeal or hot cereal in your diet, its healthy carbs, I don't like the low carb diet because you need the good healthy carbs to function.
I been on a toast, animal crackers and yogurt kick for a few days not sure whats tommrow but, I try to get full balance in my diet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts