1) I found my eyeglasses that were missing for between 1 and 2 months. I new I had them someplace- that's why I didn't get a new pair.
2) Although I missed them, I found I can manage pretty well without them if I have to.
3) I found my driver's license about the same time. Again, I knew I had it- but I hardly ever use it for driving- only ID.
4) The 2 silver maple trees in my neighbors' yard are making seeds- and the squirrels are going to town on them! They seem to be gathering a bunch of them, taking them up into my black walnut tree (which doesn't have any nuts for them at the moment- that will be this autumn) and eating the seed kernels, dropping the seed wings in a pile on the sidewalk beneath. They're cute when they do that.
5) I planted blackeyed peas this weekend.
Sheesh- still no more action in this thread?! ...think I'll goose it and see what happens...
1) I've been seeing monarch butterflies every now and then, after one or two summers of not really seeing them. (I've been letting milkweed grow in my yard since that's what their caterpillars eat, but so far they haven't taken me up on my offer...) :shrug:
2) It's summer!
3) I got to see an old friend from out of town- we've kept in touch but live more than 100 miles apart.
4) I saw people's dogs playing with each other at the local street fair.
5) I dunno if this made me happy or made me do a double-take... well, actually it was both I guess.... at the street fair, a busker was finishing his performance and introduced himself to the audience.... he and I have the same first and last names. (Oddly enough, I've been working on writing a few songs, off-and-on, but I'll just say they're not ready for prime time. Yet.)
1) I bought two varieties of apple I've never had before: "William's Pride" and "Pristine".
2) I don't have a television (well, actually, I do- but it's not hooked up to cable, or even an antenna).
3) It's summer! (I used that. Can I use it again?... Hmmmm....)
I have finally found really cool recliner on Amazon. I checked reviews about best recliners on thebestreclinersreviews and ordered one at affordable price. Can't wait to receive my purchase. It looks so comfortable!
A forum community dedicated to vegetarian, vegans, and vegetable enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about agriculture, preparation, cooking, recipes, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!