VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
starr and sunshine:

last nite in our chat, i forgot to mention one important factor: how to wash your face.

first, you want to wash with warm water, then rinse with cold (about as cold as you can handle it.

then, gently pat dry, but not completely dry. Enough to get the excess water off. Let it air dry other wise. Once dry, use the moisturizers i recommended.

good luck! also, let me know how they work, and we can tinker with it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Very cool. Thanks
I had another question for you later that i had forgotten while we were chatting: Should I exfoliate and/or use masks??? That was 2 questions

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know the question wasn't directed at me, but about the masks. Check out Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. I have it and have used it a couple of times already and it's nice if you have oily skin. It doesn't clear my skin, but it definately helps keep the oil to a minimum and my skin smooth (and it smells good, lol). And also, it's pretty damn cheap and vegan. When i bought mine they had the "get 30% more for free" thing and I got a big tube for less than three bucks. It's worth checking out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
why o why cold water....? does it have to do with your pores....i just wash my face in the shower, which runs hot water...eventho the directions say rinse with cold i think it works with hot anyway...whatever

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, lets see if i can sort any of this out. LOL

1. vegana: basic ayurvedic body typing, so i couldn't make recommendations for you based on their needs. but, i could do the basics for you, if you'd like.

2. Starr: i can't remember either. one of you was a tea tree oil with heavy moisturizer and the other was aloe and aloe based moisturizer.

3. sunshine: exfoliation and masks should be used sparingly. You want to use one with very gentle abrasion, if one at all. So, i recommend the one that clinque makes, as it has the most gentle abrasions. But, you only need to use it once a month--at most.

There are a few kinds of masques that i recommend. I would avoid most with mint. mint is very astringent, and moving in the opposite direction. Avacado is a good choice, and so are moisturizing masks. Aveda has a nice selection. anything that will both moisturize and close poors are a good choice. these can be used more frequently--like weekly or bi weekly. Generally, i always use a mask after i exfoliate.

Exfoliation day works like this: soap (usually more astringent, tea tree oil-based) to wash face--all warm including rinse. Exfoliation. Rinse in cold and dab dry. let the skin rest for a few moments. use mask. rinse with cold. moisturize with appropriate moisturizer.

4. cold water does have to do with pores and skin eslaticity. heat makes the skin loose, cool makes it tight. So, it helps avoiding break outs, wrinkles, tears, and any number of things. that's why you pat dry instead of pull dry too.

ok, hope that gets everyone started.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don't know if it would be too much work for you, but maybe you could make a list of the questions for people and help people with personal needs. There seems to be some interest.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I don't know if anybody's tried this, but I get the Well-in-Hand Zero Zit Kreamy Kleanser. It is wonderful. It's a little pricey, but I can't live without it now. It literally takes care of blemishes overnight, without overdrying. I am a lisenced estethician, and have tried many things and this really helped me, I'm 26 and too old for breakouts! I usually order mine through www.vegangoods.com (formally different daisy)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sunshinemelissa

I don't know if it would be too much work for you, but maybe you could make a list of the questions for people and help people with personal needs. There seems to be some interest.
Yep, I would be one of those interested people

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the basic questions are:

do you prefer sweet, salty, or spicy foods? (you have to pick one that you like best)

do you have more energy in the morning, afternoon, evening or nite?

do you/can you sleep for long hours or are you a light sleeper?

describe your diet (do you consume dairy? which kinds?)

describe your break outs.

what sorts of products do you use now?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Punkmommy--which do you use? I see the Moisture Marvel and the Cease the Grease, both Zero Zit Kreamy Kleansers.

I also see a Well in Hand fancy facial sea scrub. Have you tried that?

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yeah, and one other question:

do you like hot temps, cold temps, or mild temps (environmentally)?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Caffeine makes me break out. I quit it a few years back cause I was getting tired of looking like a ghoul. If anyone has problems with acne and can't figure out what they're doing wrong, try quitting caffeine.

I use a charcoal mask from Origins. I sucks all the garbage out of your skin. Good for getting the City grime out.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by muppetcow

Punkmommy--which do you use? I see the Moisture Marvel and the Cease the Grease, both Zero Zit Kreamy Kleansers.

I also see a Well in Hand fancy facial sea scrub. Have you tried that?
I use the Cease the Grease. I've gotten the Emergency Power Astringent and that was great! I've never tried the facial scrub. I usually just use a paste of baking soda and water, sometimes steaming my face over a hot basin of water with a towel over my head.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.