VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies,

do you shave your legs? Armpits? Bikini line? Do you wax?

I haven't shaved my legs for over a year and no one even notices! Guys don't care one bit either.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yes, yes, yes. no. Usually I shave, sometimes I use hair removers, but not wax. I tried moom but wasn't thrilled with it. Sometimes I use an Emjoi. It's electric and rotates these tweezer things and pulls the hair out by the root. My hair grows quickly and even though my skin and scalp hair are light, all else is black. So the hair is visible even before it pokes through, which is why I prefer to get it out root and all.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Dont mean to but in, ladies, but where did it all start? I mean, who came up with the Idea to remove body hair? and whats the point?

of course, if you remove my nice thick wool there is profit . . .

but human hairs not worth anything!

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
I like looking and feeling all smooth.

I shave my underarms, legs, bikini area... and I pluck my eyebrows to shape them.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It's a societal thing alpaca... I don't know where it started but it's one of those things you get used to... and yes, I prefer the smoothness too.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes to all But I only wax my eyebrows (tweezing them bugs me) But I only have to shave my legs like once a week If that I can get by on two weeks which is very nice!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Lets see.....no, I don't wax.

I don't shave my bikini line.

I shave my legs about once every two months.

My underarms get the most shaving. Probably once a week.

I never wear bikinis or bathing suits without board shorts or nylon shorts so I don't worry about that at all.

I hardly ever wear shorts and since I've stopped shaving my legs so often, it seems like the hair has just lightened up or gotten thinner. Harder to see. Maybe it just stopped bothering me.....

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I've shaved pretty much everywhere except my head. And I'm a guy! So I guess you'll all have some nasty thoughts floating in your head now. I must admit though, that I would never do waxing. I have the feeling that removing the hair via sulphuric acid would be less painful!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I hypothesize that the reason shaving got started in the first place was to simulate youthfulness in an attempt to be more sexually attractive.

I shave my armpits and legs. Luckily, my body hair is very fine and sparse. I can go at least a week, often two, without being noticed. (Unfortunately, the hair on my head is very fine and sparse as well! My mom started losing hers in her thirties... and I'm beginning to lose mine too. Yippee.)

For my husband's pleasure, I often shave... other areas... as well
I'd really like to have a professional wax job ("Brazillian bikini waxing") some day.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm with Molly, I am sure that it started because men on the prowl seem to prefer youth. I also agree that it isn't just for viewing pleasure. Except for what I think I know about what Loki has said about himself in the past I do not think what he shaves is so strange. My nephew shaves his back (I do not know how), my son shaves and occasionally tweezes his eyebrow into eyebrows.

For now I'll stick to a triple blade razor and those sand paper scrubs to keep the bumps away. Since I doubt I'll ever grace the beaches of Rio and I do not want a house full of firemen because someone called 911 due to my insane screaming I'll avoid the wax.

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol...waxing frightens me too! it took me long enough to get used to plucking several eyebrow hairs occasionally, i don't think i'll ever have the desire to wax hundreds of hairs at once (it hurts just thinking about it).

anyway, i shave everything a couple times a week - sometimes less since my skin is very sensitive. i wish i couple be one of those naturally hairless women - like my mom, she gets like one armpit hair a month, so she just plucks it - what's up with that?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I loathe shaving. In the winter, I try to avoid it, but I give in and shave my legs and pits about once a week during warm weather since I love to wear shorts and sleeveless tops.

As for the bikini area? No way. Absolutely not. It's NOT happening. *g* Any person who doesn't like my natural look doesn't deserve to see that part of me, anyway. (Or so I tell myself.)

One quirk of mine, however, is that even if my legs are covered in a "winter coat" I still go for an eyebrow wax about once a month. It's painful, absolutely, but it's over fast, whereas plucking is this constant, tedious pain. Plus, I suck at tweezing.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Ok, everyone's gonna gross out about this, but I don't care. I shave nothing! My hair's so fine that no one really does notice that I'm a "fur-girl" and what bits you can tell about, I keep covered up so no one notices unless their looking and if they look, they deserve everything they get.

We live in really cold country, and long sleeves and trousers are what most people run around in so no one shaves in Winter. I mean, why shave if you're going to cover it up with clothes? Especially layers and layers of clothes? What? To feel smooth? Trust me, nothing is worse than to have that "growout itch" coming on and you can't get to it because you are bundled up from eyebrows to toenails. Who needs that? That's why no one shaves in Winter.

In Summer, when temps are nice, I only wear sleeved shirts and the sleeves are long enough to cover the fact that my razors are unused antiques, laying about. Maybe once or twice during Summer, I'll shave arms only, but no more than that and no more often than that. I rarely wear shorts and I don't own a swimsuit, so I don't have to worry about shaving anything else.

When I do shave, I use Hubby's Mach3. That thing is great! Real close, neat shave without pulling the little hairs out or giving "chicken skin" (those bumps). Sure, the blades are $$$, but each blade lasts about 5 shaves so getting a 4-pack is really like getting a 20 pack and so on...

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I dunno why I bothered shaving, but I shaved my stomach a few months ago. I shaved my armpits in the summer, and I shaved down there about 14 months ago. I've shaved my legs before, and I shave the middle oif my eyebrows so I don't get aunibrow. I've never shaved my head, and I actually need a shave because I'm getting facial hair, but can't be bothered doing it.

And I agree that waxing is nasty. I couldn't do it. When shaving will suffice, why wax?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts