VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mcdonalds fries case has been decided, and of course, FARK.com covered the story. Naturally, the people at fark.com used this as an excuse to do some veg-bashing.

Anyhow, you know how there's a myth that says "vegetarians are thin"??? Well, thanks to Dr Atkins, the myth has been changed to "vegetarians are fat" because we eat too many carbs. Dammit, that's crazy.

And a lot of people seem to resent vegetarians. Not just vegetarianism, but vegetarians. Well, on fark.com they do anyhow.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Yeah, my friends on the Atkins diet are telling me about the vegetable that they have to avoid. A diet where you avoid vegetables ???? But have all the bacon you want ... Okaaaaay.

They think we're whacko, but the insane weight-loss industry contradicts itself every five minutes. No fat, wait, now it's no carbs, wait, no it's......

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
When I accidently lost weight when I gave up dairy and eggs (and most sugar), my mom was jealous
(she has tried many, many diets).

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Nobody I know personally is resentful of my veg*nism, but there is a kind of pervading attitude out there that veg*ns are wacky and out to convert everyone and I do get some people jumping all over my case when they eat a steak that they have the right to eat that steak and I'd better not try to convert them. Which I wasn't doing in the first place anyway.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Let me tell ya, I've been on the Atkin's Diet in the past... and if you wanna talk about going crazy! I lasted maybe a few days on that diet, if I went any longer I would be in a nut house banging my head on a padded wall! I can still picture myself practically in tears eating cocktail sausage after cocktail sausage, trying to satisfy my craving for soemthing sweet.... Anything sweet, a cookie, a apple, heck, a piece of bread! I was so miserable! Everyone I know who has tried that diet never lasted. It's pure insanity. Thankfully, now I know that a plant-based diet is best, and anything but restrictive, I feel anything but deprived. The meat eaters can snicker at me all they want, I just smile, and know I've made the best decision for my health.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Personally, I think the reason people can be so abrasive about my diet is because deep down they know vegetarianism is the Right way to be and they feel guilty about their meat eating habits.

·
Registered
0 Posts
It seems that no matter what you decide to do with your life, there will always be at least a few people that are against it with or without reason. However, I do think veg*ism is becoming much more widely accepted by the general public. As a matter of fact, it seems like a lot of people see it as desirable.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's so obvious that the Atkins diet is sooo unhealthy. People are just blinded by the fact that you lose so much weight, that to them, that surpasses any health problems in comparison.

Atkins knew what he was talking about with limiting simple carbs & sugars but the rest of the diet is way to extreme & detrimental for the body!

Quote:
Personally, I think the reason people can be so abrasive about my diet is because deep down they know vegetarianism is the Right way to be and they feel guilty about their meat eating habits.
I do agree with this! Most people just don't have the willpower and their meat based diets are just too ingrained in them to switch. Most people too are just sheep, if the majority is doing it, they will too. Very sad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts