VeggieBoards banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance surprised me with an adorable lop yesterday and I couldn't be happier! :)

He's very sweet and affectionate and is doing very well so far. I've bunny-proofed my room to give him some space to hop around in (though I don't let him do so unsupervised) and he's doing remarkably well with litter training for his second day. I tried at first to give him some space to allow him to adjust to his new environment, but he already hops right up to my fiance and I and demands attention. :)

I have all the basics - a habitat, bedding, hay, water, a litter box, chew toys, etc, but are there any tips experienced rabbit owners may have regarding training and such?

·
Registered
148 Posts
BUHHHHNEEEEEE!!! :D

Sorry couldn't resist lol

Congrats on the new fur friend! Bunnies are really cool and laid back if their raised right. I think your doing ok already and he's loving you guys already! Just make sure hes getting interaction with you and happy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha thanks!! :)

Yep, he's already taken to us. I've had him for less than 42 hours and he's already following me around and hopping up to me to greet me when I come in the bedroom (the room I've bunny-proofed)! He's definitely going to get plenty of loving from us. :) :) I watched a guide on teaching rabbits simple tricks earlier and hope to teach him a few once he's more comfortable.

Edit: Also, I just discovered he likes music. He started binkying around the room when I played Weird Al. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Aaaahhh I love him!!!!!

I had a lop for years...he was my baby, and was so spoiled rotten. When I had a human baby, he was the jealous big brother! Glad to hear you've already started litterbox training. You aren't using cedar bedding are you? When I first got my Gizmo, it apparently wasn't common knowledge that the cedar bedding is potentially harmful... I'd recommend checking out the House Rabbit Society (www.rabbit.org). That was a great resource for me, as I'd never had a rabbit before.

Congrats on your new furbaby!!!!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Congratulations!

I've only had 3 rabbits- one female whom I adopted when she was about a year old, and (after she had passed on) two boys of apparently different breeds (because I wanted my rabbits to have a friend, and they were in the same cage). I don't consider myself an expert, but The House Rabbit Society has a website and has also published a manual of rabbit care. Rabbits are individuals, though, so apart from the basics about proper diet, housing, veterinary care, you'll probably earn from each other.

Your rabbit sounds like a charmer!

(Cool Robert Plant avatar)

·
Registered
32 Posts
He's gorgeous :D Congrats!!

I've had my bun for 8 years and have been through so much with him. I've also been a moderator on a rabbit forum for a few years.

If you ever have any questions or worries and it's not a veterinary emergency, feel free to send me a message and I'll hopefully be able to help. :)

Jen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts