VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, my vacuum has been acting up. It will vacuum up stuff, but once I turn it off it spits everything out again. The filter is clean, the vacuum is clean, so I'm out of ideas. Anybody know? I have A Bissell Powerforce Bagless vacuuum.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never done anything to the belt, and this just started up a few times before now. How can I tell if the belt is in wrong?

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
It's kind of frustrating that nowadays it costs the same to repair appliances like that as to buy new ones, and since the new ones are almost always better expecially in the case of vacuums, that makes more financial sense. It's not particularly Earth-friendly or good for vacuum-repair businesses, but yeah, it looks like it's time for a new vacuum.

However, you might want to take it to the repair place anyway because it could be a simple, cheap fix. My vacuum died a little while ago and I almost bought a new one but it only cost $20 to "repair" (it just needed a thorough cleaning).

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

Why would you want a vacuum? They really suck.
Literally!

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
We sprung for a Dyson a few weeks ago. Probably the cheapest one they make, got it at Sam's Club. It's one of those things that lasts so long it's probably worth the investment of buying a good one. We've been pretty happy with it so far. I'm not a fan of the way the attachments work but I'll get used to it. No more bags and it's amazing (and a little disgusting) how much pet hair it pulls out of the carpet. My wife's mom said it would die down after a bit but it hasn't yet! It's a bit rewarding seeing all of that stuff being pulled out.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
We have had our Dyson Animal (the purple one) for 4 or 5 years. I love it and can't IMAGINE having our pack without it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts