VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I have been plotting to co host a party, she's vegetarian and Im vegan. So, I'd like to serve vegan food at the parrrty...Got any sugggestions? Or cookbooks? WE'd have to decide if we want to serve dinner or just snacks. Thankee!

Im a fairy decent "chef person" so I'll do some cookin. I guess I'd be okay if it was'nt all vegan.
But that would be awesome if we could do that!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Chips and salsa

Cheeseless pizza (teens can be open-minded
)

Raw veggies w/ hummus

Fruit salad

Pasta salad

Vegan cookies, cakes, pies, ect...

With all that great food, who would miss the flesh?! Good luck with the party!

·
Registered
0 Posts
get the voluptuous vegan by myra kornfeld and george minot. this book has a lot of vegan recipes that are very good and gormet tasting

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Try this out, it's awesome party food:

sweet potato and apple salad

----------------------------------------

4 cups peeled and grated sweet potatoes (yams)

*\t2 tart green apples (Granny Smith or Pippin), peeled, cored and chopped

*\t1/2 cup dried red currants

*\t1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted

*\tJuice of 1 orange

*\tJuice of 1 lime

*\t2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

*\t1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

*\t2 cloves garlic, finely minced

*\tSalt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

*\t1/3 cup olive oil

Mix the sweet potatoes, apples, currants and pecans in a large bowl. Combine the juices, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together, then add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Pour over the salad, toss well to combine well, then refrigerate overnight before serving.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
samosas and tamarind sauce. (what I always recommend for parties).

Or, I just thought of this, if you think the cheesless pizza would scare them, how about a cheeseless calzone? (It would still look normal from the outside, and you could have it stuffed with lots of vegetables.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oooooh samosas. My mouth's watering now.

Teens aren't too picky. The last party I had there was chips and salsa, veggies with humus, fruit, taboulli (sp?), and an easy pasta salad. I can't remember what I did for dessert, but it wasn't complicated, just cookies or the like. I decided to stay away from cheeseless pizza because so many teens wouldn't like a lot of the veggies I would think to put on there.

No one will ever complain, and you don't need to worry about nutrition.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks bunches!
I dont know if I'll be able to use all the ideas this time- may end up as a potluck- but hey, next time my birthday comes around, let them eat vegan cake!! And samosas, chips and salsa, candy, brownies, ...yummmy.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Check out the Springtime Pasta Salad recipe on recipesource.com. My sister found that on her own, actually, and she always makes it vegan. I'm not vegan yet, but I like eating vegan food, and I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! My family teases me, but I can't get enough of it!.

·
Banned
261 Posts
Well, if this isn't too late, I' like to reccommend anything in "How It All Vegan". Very easy and all-people friendly food that also happens to be tasty.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of friends are going to this party and how veg friendly they are, but I wouldn't serve anything too weird.

I'm thinking teens at a party will be entirely happy if all they had was chips, salsa, dips, pretzels, softdrinks, maybe some juices... but that ought to tide them over a few hours. After all, most probably are going not even expecting food.

·
Registered
950 Posts
listen. i am a teen. we are so open-minded, it's not even funny. if there's food, i promise you it WILL be eaten. welcome to the world of a 14-year-old.

eat.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I made an awesome vegan spinach dip that fooled tons of omni's. Basiclly just buy the fantastic foods instant vegetable soup mix and subsitute tofurtti sour cream and veganaise. I buy the blue bottle. The rest of the directions are on the package but make sure to throw it in the fridge a day in advance to blend the flavors better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts