VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vegan. Ice. Cream.

So yeah, I definitely finally got to go to a health food store. I haven't been to one in years. I'm sure this matters very little to everyone here, as I don't really know anyone, but I'm just very happy. My going vegan is now an excuse to get to go to a decent food store, instead of just Cubs. I stepped in, and it was like heaven.
Vegan options everywhere, and very little meat for the eye to see. Rows filled with soy milk, fresh fruit and veggies, and everything a new vegan could hope for. Granted, it took $25 out of my limited budget for only a few things, it's worth it. Yay for health food stores!

I just need to go back there again when I don't have my dad looking at his watch every five seconds and making little exasperated noises with my every purchase, even though I said explicitly I would pay for them myself.

·
Registered
0 Posts

Yippee for vegan ice cream and health food stores! I can still remember my first time shopping at a veg-friendly health food store.. (a year ago) I was like a kid in a candy store.
Sorry to hear that your dad was acting like that. Hopefully next time will be a different shopping experience for you!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who doesn't love brownies? I mean, food. Food's the best! Strawberries and grapes and brownies and green peppers and potatoes and brownies and pasta and brownies and bread and brownies and brownies. And did I mention brownies?
If you can't tell, I'm a bit
I think I'm going to go have some spaghetti. And then maybe some brownies.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotechx View Post

Vegan brownies are the best thing in the world. Even though I'm too lazy to make them from scratch. Duncan Hines mix does the trick.
Oh you sinful creature, you! *Pokes*

I won't tell no one that you cheats! ... As long as you make me some brownies!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My friend and I had Vegan ice cream sundays a few days ago with chocolate-mint soy ice cream, chocolate syrup, and marachino cherries. It was by far the most excited I've been in a while. I can't remember the last ice creak sunday I ate (I was lactose-intollerent befor I was vegan). It felt like I was cheating. Haha.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Vegan Ice Cream = Crack.

I had some of that ginger 'tea dreams' stuff, the rice dream, at my birthday. That was freaking awesome. Must find more after lent.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Soy Delicious! yummy! And those Celestial Seasonings rice milk ones!!! yummmy!

Have you had Uncle Eddie's Vegan Cookies?

LOVE the oatmeal raisin ...

and I like the peanut butter and chocolate ones too!

Hooray for veg*n friendly health food stores!

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Vegan ice cream is teh yum but vegan ice cream sammiches are teh bomb diggity yumyum, indeed!

A couple of vegan cookies, a fat scoop of vegan icecream on the flat side of one of the cookies, a bit of smoosh with the flat side of the other cookie to spread the icecream out to the edges, devour like mad, die of happpiness, lather rinse repeat until the carton(s) and cookies are gone or until you explode, whichever comes first.

It's crackier than crack, I'm telling ya! Crackier than crack!

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Soy Delicious Purely Decadent Mocha Almond Fudge.

Best.Flavor.Ever.

I got a coupon booklet for the local co-op and while I was there on Tuesday, I was going to use the coupon for SDPD and get a pint of the MAF.

They aren't carrying that flavor right now.

Nooooo!

But they'll have it at Wild Oats.
Bwuahahaha!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I tried soy ice cream recently. I went in with an open mind even though I was a bit skeptical as to whether or not it would taste like dairy ice cream, but I honestly can't taste any difference.

Amusingly enough, my stepdad made some quip about how he didn't think dairy-free ice cream was possible, and I told him that I thought the same thing about sugar-free syrup.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I found the most amazing thing at a nothing special supermarket last week...So Good CONES!!! Like the old drumsticks. I bought chocolate. I do not have any left.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

Vegan ice cream is teh yum but vegan ice cream sammiches are teh bomb diggity yumyum, indeed!

A couple of vegan cookies, a fat scoop of vegan icecream on the flat side of one of the cookies, a bit of smoosh with the flat side of the other cookie to spread the icecream out to the edges, devour like mad, die of happpiness, lather rinse repeat until the carton(s) and cookies are gone or until you explode, whichever comes first.

It's crackier than crack, I'm telling ya! Crackier than crack!
I was gonna say...all this talk about vegan brownies in one post and vegan ice cream in another. I mean, come on...put the two together!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts