VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
As if it's not hard enough making it out alive from Spalding Animal Control (they use Gas Chambers)...Black Cats NEVER get adopted...these 3 have no hope at all unless we can raise funds...Our March Transport is filling up, but we would love to save these kitties...Black Cats have a much better chance in the North...
Click on the link below for pictures and more information.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...dens/blk-1.jpg

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
It's always the same...nobody wants a pit bull and nobody wants a black cat. I actually had the experience twice when I got my black cats from the shelter. The shelter workers acted surprised, then said that they were happy to hear that someone actually wanted a black one.

Just a thought...if you are in the market for a new pet...consider adopting a black cat, a black dog, or a "bully" breed. In many parts of the country, they have the least chance.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I love black kitties! Both mine are black, and my family usually only adopts black ones.

My Sadie has the sweetest personality, but her foster said people didn't want her because she was black and she would probably grow up there. I took her, and when I did, her foster was so sad and tearful because she wanted to keep her herself. Sadie is part Siamese and a lover and a character.

The leader of the rescue group I got Sadie from said she knew a man who tried to take care of as many black, FIV+ cats as he could since no one wanted to adopt them.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I love black kitties too! Two of my three kitties are black and white. I didn't pick my kitties because of their colors but because of their personalities.

My kitty Woog is half Siamese too and I love her weirdo personality and wouldn't trade her for anything!

Right now, we have some kittens sort of living in our garage. We would like to find a shelter to take them too. Of course they will be a little hard to catch up. I am glad they have a place to get out of the cold wind in the winter at least. One of them is all black and is sooo cute.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts