VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are themes coming through here that make me realise I'm not the only one who feels a bit ignored or left out at times... I guess for the VWers it's even harder at the moment, people make lists and leave lots of people out, and people get slighted and hurt... So am I the only one who feels invisible? Come on, admit it if you do...

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i always feel invisible, despite how much i talk. maybe it's the other way around.. hmmm

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL You're the top poster aren't you? I was in the top 15 at vegweb, but I still am invisible..

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
yeah i am and i think it's all anyone knows me for. i don't think any of them actually pay attention to what i'm saying most of the time *shrug*

'tis the story of my life, i decided not to care anymore.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I know what you're saying. I feel a little sad that I love visiting and posting on the board and yet absolutely no one ever thinks to mention me in their love fest.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
it's dumb anyway. it's nice to be mentioned (thankees to those who did), but it'd be nicer if the person just told you one on one, hey i like you you're cool. lists are impersonal but kinda fun i guess.

but i don't like leaving people out, so i wasn't even gonna post in the lovely topic til i saw someone was sad about being left out.

so erm.. hey Baby, i like reading your posts even though there aren't a ton of them and i notice you post more in the health/veg forums and don't concern yourself with the trivial things that i personally am obsessed with, i kinda like that so *hug*

and shewolf i like your name and do you really have a wolf cause if so i may have to move in with you, and it's cool to have some competition around here, you post as fast as i do so *hug*

that's about as mush as i get, enjoy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Guys, all you need to do is jump in on those threads and say something nice about a couple of people, and they reciprocate and say something nice about you...that's how everyone else gets mentioned, not because they're better known, more popular, etc.
It's a version of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" story.

·
Registered
985 Posts

I didn't mean to make anyone feel left out. And i'm sorry if you think it's dumb. I update as much as I can to say how much I love the people I meet here. It's not meant to, like I said, be a popularity contest. I was just trying to show some appreciation to the lovely people I meet here. I have definately noticed and love everything all you guys have to say...

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyFaile

yeah i am and i think it's all anyone knows me for. i don't think any of them actually pay attention to what i'm saying most of the time *shrug*

'tis the story of my life, i decided not to care anymore.
Hey, I love ya babe! I actually pay attention to the details of your posts and life...enough that I could probably be a stalker.

·
Banned
559 Posts
hey! hey! stop that! i dont like to name specific names in those threads but i did in the last one just cause i guess. i PM or email most of them regularly..but i think everyone here be cool.

and ladyfaile- you have given me much helpful advice and links and stories and such
and baby and shewolf you two are rockin' too!

we'll have none of this!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks for making this thread! I feel invisible also! I've been at vegweb since the 1st of Jan., no matter how long Iv'e been there it seems as if my posts are not noticed or just ignored most of the time. A couple of threads, wich I can't remember the names of now, are not helping with the situation. So thanks again for making this thread.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
nah it's cool, i got mentioned and all just i don't think it's that important i guess

you notice every time there's one of those threads there is inevitably one of these threads to follow? that's why i normally choose not to post in them, not because they're dumb or i don't like anyone or whatever, just i'd rather not is all.

carry on!

ps: Tame i'm scared now.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'd like to give shewolf, LadyFaile, Baby, Piglet (and everyone else for that matter) some big ole' hugs
I'm a quiet one sometimes so I understand if no one really knows me, but just so ya guys all know, I may not reply, but I read all of your awesome posts.

·
Registered
985 Posts
You guys are making me want to delete the Lovely thread, because I feel so bad... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave yall out. (I know I personally didn't do it, but it was my thread that started all of this...)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Well, I know what the "left out" feelings are like, but sometimes that's a reminder to me that I need to get to know a few more people, and maybe someday they will think of me when they laud people on their virtues.

Do you have any ideas for more inclusive compliment-sharing?

1 - 20 of 141 Posts