VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what you thought about t.A.T.u. Maybe people seem to hate them because there lesbians. I like there songs there really cool and there video clips I also liked how they done the MTV Music Awards 2003. There also hot

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

Um... I don't think most people hate them because they're lesbians. I think most people hate them because they act like lesbians and they're not.
Same thing I think. I like them because their music is catchy and fun. However, I really don't agree with their whole "image". From what I've heard they have boyfriends. They're really not helping people to accept g/l/b's any more.

They're okay, but usually they just tick me off. *shrugs*

·
Registered
682 Posts
The first song was OK, but the second where they're driving a truck through the snow was frankly embarassing. They have a strong image (regardless of your opinion of it), but ultimately it won't keep them at the top. How has Britney faired since she took of her school uniform? Style over content I think.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I haven't seen any of their videos ... my g/f bought me the CD, probably because she thinks they're lesbians!
The tunes are catchy, but ultimately too poppy for my taste, though I can see how they'd go over well in clubland. I did kinda like hearing the Russian versions.

But hey, fake lesbianism as a marketing strategy ... ya gotta give 'em credit for chutzpah!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts