VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
This is actually a speech (more or less) that I receive in my email inbox from time to time. It's nice, now, from where it originated.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
That's awesome.
The disrespect that teachers get in this society sickens me. They are the people who you entrust your children to. They deserve the utmost respect and they certainly deserve to get paid more than they do. Some of the most influential people in my life have been teachers, and I will always look upon them with admiration.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Some teachers are great, but many are apathetic or worse, mean. I have volunteered in the public elementary schools off and on and have witnessed plenty of what I would consider child abuse and neglect at the hands of teachers. Raise the pay and then you will have better teachers.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I say appreciate and pay the good ones and get rid of the bad ones. I guess the challenge is knowing who are good.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
My last english teacher just tried to make us all look like idiots and helped start a rumor about me :/

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

My last english teacher just tried to make us all look like idiots and helped start a rumor about me :/
That's awful. I have heard many stories like that though

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

The good thing is that I heard she's going back to work in the school she was in before.
That is good news although she should quit teaching altogether. People like that should not be teachers.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Apparently, she liked most of the 11th graders she had last year in her classes :/
I wonder if it was all just because it was our first year in high school.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
The worst teachers I ever had were in a religious, private junior high.
The best I ever had were in public high school and college.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

The worst teachers I ever had were in a religious, private junior high.
The best I ever had were in public high school and college.
Opposite for me.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

Some teachers are great, but many are apathetic or worse, mean. I have volunteered in the public elementary schools off and on and have witnessed plenty of what I would consider child abuse and neglect at the hands of teachers. Raise the pay and then you will have better teachers.
There's a reason I stabbed one of mine in the throat and tried to bludgeon her to death with my own desk. I don't regret it either. I didn't hate that person because she was a teacher. I hated her because she pretended to be one. This guy, I actually respect. Well, as much as I'm capable of respecting an authority figure.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Disrespecting an authority figure for the sake of it is beyond juvenile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts