VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i watched...brace yourself, married by america last night. yes, my friends i did. why? why did i watch that ridiculous thing?

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
tsk tsk tsk... But yeah, I see your point about feeling better about yourself by realizing just how low the human race (the American part of it, at least) can go. Not only are people willing to go on those shows, but those shows have a huge audience! That is so scary.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Yeah, I turned it on just for background noise... but as soon as she went into that closet and started crying her eyes out it was hard not to notice it. It made me feel like a dirty voyeur. I changed the channel after that. I have a hard time thinking about why somebody would subject themselves to that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ughhh it is so scary. I watched about 15 minutes of it just to see what it was all about and felt better about myself, but severely depressed that this type of show has become such an obsession for our society and that the people who go on there and whore themselves to a viewing audience....There must be an intense lack of self -worth if you need to do that....either that or money replaces dignity

·
Registered
178 Posts
I will admit that I like the reality shows, well some of them..but that is one that I refuse to watch even a second of! I do understand you reasons for watching it, because that would make a person feel better about themselves! But I won't watch it ..

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I am ashamed to admit that I too watched a little bit of the Married by America final. The whole time I was thinking that I can't believe that anyone would do this to themselves on national tv for anything in the world. It was sad to watch.

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
I haven't watched it and it sounds like one of my wiser moves.

Teasing sort of, but I think 1/3 of our US society is sick, sick, sick.

1/3 are vultures watching the carnage, and 1/3 have better things to do with their lives. Just kidding. I think.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't take the $500,000 then get divorced later. I guess they didn't go totally off the deep end.

Fox has done worse- next show: Mr. Personality, which is the Bachelorette but all the guys wear masks so she can't see if they're ugly or handsome. And....it's hosted by Monica Lewinski!

Did anyone see the one episode of "Man Versus Beast"? I just happened to be flipping thru channels one evening and saw an olympic level sprinter race a zebra, then a giraffe. He demanded a rematch because the giraffe "got a head start". Then I saw the preview for what was coming after the commercial, and it was a bunch of midgets having a tug-of-war with an elephant!!! Thank goodness that show only lasted one episode!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Gawd, yes, I saw previews for Man vs Beast! I am glad to this day that I refused to watch it. Terrible... disrespectful to the animals *and* to the people!

Fox is reaching new lows all the time. It doesn't bode well for our future.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Gaa Gaa!! I too saw the preview for "Mr. Personality" while sadly while I was watching "married by America." I was really hoping that I hadn't seen it, that it was something I had dreamt or imagined. Then today I get to work and one of my co-workers asked me if I had seen the preview for that show hosted by Monica Lewinski. Meaning that it does exist. Wow there doesn't seem to be a bottom to how low fox will stoop for ratings.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Life2k

I haven't watched it and it sounds like one of my wiser moves.

Teasing sort of, but I think 1/3 of our US society is sick, sick, sick.

1/3 are vultures watching the carnage, and 1/3 have better things to do with their lives. Just kidding. I think.
that was really funny....and I think a pretty those numbers might be pretty close!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have not watched it before but I have seen some adds on tv for it. I think it is a tacky show where people vote for whom the person on the show should marry. I have never watched it so I could be wrong.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i guess the basis of it is that they picked a bunch of dumbwits -men and women (if they are even worthy of being called these things, heh)...and ohh and ahh! the american public (the lame ones at least) actually voted on who they thought would more or less, look pretty together...and then they paired these people up and for i dunno, a few weeks? they supposedly fell in love (or the purpose was for them to do so) and then each week a 'couple' got voted off....at the end there were two couples (this is the only episode i saw, mind you) and they were supposed to get married!

somehitng like that at least...you get the idea..and it's really, in al sense, NOT RIGHT!

it's sad, sad sad. so sad. and yes, i viewed the last episode. shoot me now. i must repent. i must confess my sins. seriously though, my intent of watching it was because i was feeling crappy and really wanted to implant it in mylsef that there are people who are so pathetic and i'm not one of them, heh

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I think the prize was supposed to be a large sum of money and a house for them to live in. I think the house could cause problems in a year (or a month...) when the "marriage" fails.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts