VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of moving, and my family bought a new oven and microwave set.

Most microwaves come with buttons like 'popcorn', 'defrost', etc. BOTH the oven AND the microwave came with just two food button options, "chicken nuggets", and "pizza".
Really? It looks just bizarre on the oven especially, having all normal buttons and then "chicken nuggets" out of nowhere.

My mom suggested (in jest) that I contact the company for a vegan option button, and try to sue them. I think I may write to them about the chicken nugget button, though. The rest of my family thinks it's tacky, and I suppose there's no harm done.

Have you ever experienced just strange things like this?

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Who microwaves pizza? It comes out soggy when you do that. I always reheat pizza in the toaster over or real oven, never in the microwave. </offtopic>

But yeah, I'd write the company about the chicken nuggets button. That's kinda weird.

--Fromper

·
Riot Nrrrd
3,180 Posts
Man that's specific. "Chicken nuggets"?????

Both those would be icky microwaved (I'm extrapolating that fried bird parts would end up like every fried item I've ever seen someone try reheating in a microwave. Mmmmm ... mush.)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would print out a little sticker to put ontop of the "chicken nugget" button that says "Soy nuggets". Personally just seeing meat names on my appliances makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I've never heard of those buttons either. I really want to see a picture.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They're high quality, which is why I'm so surprised. I'm heading to the new house this weekend, so I will make sure to upload a picture!

I didn't have any say in the buying of these, and I don't know why my family got them, as they were ordered when I was away at college. There must be some good reason for why they chose them over another.

There IS a timer/numbers, etc, but in addition, the only two food buttons are "chicken nuggets" and "pizza". It just looks STRANGE.
The picture will be coming. :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
that is bizarre.
were these appliances made in the USofA? because if they were, that would be even more bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramaus View Post

I would print out a little sticker to put ontop of the "chicken nugget" button that says "Soy nuggets".
great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

Sounds like that mircrowave was made especially for omni college students.
lol.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
^What does "My Favorite" mean?? What is the lock button for? What locks? The oven door?

New expensive appliances are complicated and weird. I'll stick to my 10 yr old microwave I got at Walmart for $20 and my stove that's probably considered ancient since it has knobs instead of digital buttons.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.