VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I'm new here! So I've realized I stopped meat and started a very high carb diet!
Not good! any suggestions on what foods can be prepared quickly on work nights?
I love to chop and cook on the weekend BUT for work nights and lunches I'm having a tough time. Been eating ALOT of pasta and bread. any suggestions?

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Hello and welcome to VB! Soups and chili are probably some of the easiest things where you can cook them on the weekend and then freeze in portion sizes and take out one to heat up when you're hungry. What kind of stuff do you like/dislike?

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Agree on the soups and chili. Also, have hummus on hand. You can make a sandwich with it, eat it with veggies. Try making veggie burgers. I make black bean burgers and freeze the leftovers. You can complement them with a salad or fries or steamed veggies or just chips or something. All pretty quick meals.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Haha, but I love the cake diet

Like the others say, making extras on the weekends and using them for lunches could work for you. That, and try to have more green salads and fruit salads. Those are usually easy to make.
I'm in the same boat, honestly. I'm trying to cut back on the sweet stuff - cakes, cookies, etc. And less bread would prbably be a good idea too. I'm focusing mostly on staying busy and exercising because for me a lot of my overeating comes from boredom and stress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.