VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I've been slowly transitioning to veganism and I was looking up some information youtube.

There's this video that seems pretty informative and there have been lots of comments about it. Most of it positive so I was wondering what you guys think of it. I think they took a pretty unbiased approach.

The lose weight and look sexier one, I'm not sure. Did you guys find that you lost weight? Let me know as I really need to get healthier!

Arg, this is my first post so I am unable to post a link!!
But It's called 'Top 5 Reasons to be Vegan' on a youtube channel called MsMojo.

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
There are tons of blogs and YouTubers with various perspectives on veganism. I'm not in it for weight loss, or better health, but ethics.
PETA likes to promote it with sex which I find repulsive and misogynistic

·
Vegan since 1991
3,660 Posts
Arg, this is my first post so I am unable to post a link!!
But It's called 'Top 5 Reasons to be Vegan' on a youtube channel called MsMojo.

I tried searching for this on YouTube, but I wasn't able to find it.

Unfortunately, YouTube is not a reliable source of well-researched information; literally anyone can post on YouTube, even if they are unqualified to discuss their topic.

Mercy For Animals has published a beautiful, well-written Vegetarian Starter Guide (it's actually vegan): http://www.mercyforanimals.org/VSG.pdf

·
Super Moderator
8,959 Posts
That was a good video! I like when real facts are presented, the only thing I'd add is that the longer I was vegan the more I learned ways to make food, and I gained back the weight I lost! I need to lose like 20-30 pounds now. It's not good to go vegan for weight loss even though it is certainly easier

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you're interested in vegan YouTubers, you should check out bitesizevegan. She seems to really know what she is taking about and lists tons of sources on her blog.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
To me, anyone not putting animal parts in their mouths are automatically sexier than people who do. Also, losing weight alone does not always equal health. That said, my husband lost 20lbs quickly after going vegan. I lost weight too, just not as much and not as fast.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
For me the top reasons are ethics about animal rights, concerns over animal welfare, and environmental issues.

I have lost weight actually, but it was just an added bonus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts