VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since becoming informed about animal cruelty, I've decided that I need to stop wearing contact lenses. I have a really hard time with glasses, but if someone could fit them right for once, I'm sure I could go back to them.

Anyhow, I was browsing around at some the other day and noticed there were some made by cover girl! I thought, well cover girl tests their make up on animals, so i'm not going to buy their glasses... but I am wondering if there are any other kinds that I should avoid as well? (as if this isnt going to be hard enough!)

TIA

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Well last frames I bought, they gave me a case with them that might have been leather. I really don't know. You might want to ask. those were Laura Ashleys. I am extremely pleased with the frames, though. Maybe next time I can ask to not get the case.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What about using a cruelty-free solution like Clear Conscience for contacts? I know that doesn't answer the eyeglasses question but I'm wondering what's wrong with wearing contacts if you use a vegan and cruelty free solution?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes there is that one solution that isnt tested on animals, but there isnt any company yet that makes contact lenses that have not been tested on animals. so i'm gonna get some glasses... i just dont want to support a company in doing that, that tests on animals for anything else that they make... know what i mean?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wow, I hadn't even thought of that- that contact lenses were tested on animals.

Well, I don't know much about this, but good luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinc View Post

yes there is that one solution that isnt tested on animals, but there isnt any company yet that makes contact lenses that have not been tested on animals. so i'm gonna get some glasses... i just dont want to support a company in doing that, that tests on animals for anything else that they make... know what i mean?
Yeah I know what you mean, I had just never thought about companies testing the actual contacts on animals. That's really sad. I don't know why companies can't just test them on humans instead...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts