VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 13 year old girl and thinking about becoming a vegetarian. Not so sure since i want to make sure i am still healthy and have energy to dance. Any tips.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Meat is not what gives you energy. That would be carbohydrates which are found in breads and pastas [meat is low in carbs and a large part of the Atkins Diet].

I'm a vegan. I did belly dance as a vegan. I even performed on stage. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Welcome to VB!

I think there are some other dancers on VB who might be able to quell your fears...

Anyway, a veg*n diet can be perfectly healthy and balanced, and I hope you decide it is right for you

·
Registered
674 Posts
Protein, carbohydrates and I think fat..? is what gives you energy. A good source of protein with essencial aminoacids is soy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was veggie all through my teens (and since then of course). the only problem i encountered was my mother but i just offered to cook more and as a result became pretty good at it so maybe a blessing in disguise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome! I'm new to the forum also. Got into eating and being healthier by my beautiful wife who's been vegitarian for over 10 years. Hope to trade some recipies with everyone!

Check out my blog I dedicated to healthy living and let me know if you have anything I can add.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts