VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really bored, so I'm going to start another new thread!
This thread is partly inspired by the Funeral Music thread up in Arts and Entertainment.

What are some of the things you'd like to do/accomplish before you die?

I'd like to:

~ be fluent in french ~ my father's side of the family is french, but I was never taught it because my mother didn't want people to speak something she couldn't understand. I know a bit from school, but I would really like to become bilingual.

~ publish a book ~ I love writing short stories and poems, and currently am trying to get enough good material together for a book.

~ open my own primate sanctuary ~ working towards it, hope it will happen

~ learn how to play the guitar ~ I'm planning on getting a student guitar this summer once I start working full time. Hopefully I'll be able to play better than I can sing

I'd like to (but know is impossible) compete in an Ecochallenge. I have no idea why. It just looks really cool. But of course, I would probably have an asthma attack after 10 minutes, or get eaten by a shark or something.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thats awesome Silver C! I want to put together a Veg*n team for the Eco Challenge. Ive even figured out basic navigation with a map and compass. Dont say its impossible! Its just hard to find Veg*n athletes willing to work together.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess it's not impossible. But it would take a lot of training. I'd need to build up my strength and endurance.

I wouldn't even care about placing, I'd just want to finish the course, even if it took me a month!

An all veg*n team would be cool! Show those omnis that you don't need meat to be tough!

·
Registered
261 Posts
whats eco challenge Is it that insane all terain course were even the best athelets with best techonolgies still half of them end up quiting after one day?

I want to write music for major motion pictures, Win the pulitzer prize for music, and I want to have alot of children (all of them being geniuses of course just like there dad).

·
Registered
139 Posts
What is Eco Challenge??

I'm not in amazing shape, but I'd like to someday enter a Triathlon or a Marathon.... or both

I'd also like to someday see snow fall.. lol I've been to the mountains LOTS of times, but it never snows while i'm there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
http://www.ecochallenge.com/

Its definately a marathon. A marathon on horse steroids anyway.

Here is the official site description-

'Eco Challenge is an expidition race. Each team of four ,comprising men and women, races non-stop for 6-12 days, 24 hours a day over a rugged 300 mile course using mountain biking, river rafting, horseback riding, mountaineering and fixed ropes, kayaking, and navigational skills.

The first team to cross the finish line together, in full compliment, is the winner. If a team loses a member due to illness, fatigue, injury ,or a team disagreement, they are disqualified. Only teams that can work together as friends have any hope of reaching the finish line.'

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I want to be completely happy. I'm happy now, but there are definitely things that could make my life happier. I want those things to happen, and I also want to simplify my life. I want to live somewhere that allows me to get around without driving, and I want a job that doesn't necessarily pay a lot, but is interesting and fun and doesn't bore me.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Before I die, I'd like to travel & hopefully even live in another country for a short period of time. I hope to do something in the field of writing, ideally write a book. I'd like to get married & have children (although at this point kids are a long way off!). I'd also like to grow in my faith. I hope to be able to do something that always keeps me thinking & learning new things. Ideally, I hope to make some sort of a difference in the world, whether it be through educating children, helping the poor/homeless, or doing missions work.

·
Registered
590 Posts
1. Be with the girl I love more than anything, as in living with her, for good.

2. Travel outside of America; the top places I have in mind are, Iceland, The Netherlands, Australia, and England--maybe I can meet Teri.

3. Own my own business.

4. To change the things about myself that can and should be changed, and to be content with the things that can't and shouldn't be changed.

5. To take my writing as far as I can.

6. To be completely, and truely, happy. Knowing that everything's the way it should be and being content with that.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
What an inspiring thread...I wish you all success in these endeavors!!

All in all I'm satisfied, I continue to focus on being a good hubby and not only being a Dad, but being a great friend to my son.

One thing I gotta see before I die.....My ROYALS winning it all!! Right now, my chances aren't good. This year I'll settle for finishing ahead of those stinky White SOX.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I want to see the world, find a job I love, write a novel, find that certain special some one to share the rest of my life with, volunteer at an animal rescue organization, move away from Florida permenantly.. and there's really so much that I would love to accomplish, but right now I'm just taking my life one day at a time.. flowing in whatever direction fate takes me ...

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverC

~ open my own primate sanctuary ~ working towards it, hope it will happen
I don't suppose you've ever heard of Jungle Friends? I've done some volunteer work there before (in fact, I can even be seen in one of the pictures of volunteers working on a habitat). Anyway, I wish you luck on that goal

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by VeggieMonster

I'd also like to someday see snow fall.. lol
HA! ONe day I'd like to NOT see snow fall! Frikkin weather! I dunno where you live, but DAMN I hate winter in Canada!

One of my goals will have to be living in a non-snow winter climate. Preferably for a long long time. That goal conveniently fits with my goal of living by the ocean. I see an island in the South Pacific somewhere... and sunburns... lots of sunburns...

I would also say I hope to find true love, but I think maybe I already have. (*giggle*) Now I just hope I won't ruin it or drive him away.

Otherwise I just hope I end the game happy with myself. And not in the perfectionist sense. I hope to end things loving me for me, and lumping all my faults and failings in right there with it, yet still coming out on top.

Besides that, I really want to learn to burp on command.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
PS: There is a primate sanctuary out here for primates infected with HIV/AIDS during medical testing. It's about 10 minutes drive away. Cool place, I've heard. The poor things, though. No one wanted them, and they were going to be destroyed, cause everyone feared having them around, so this one woman flipped out about it and made a big fuss, and created a sanctuary for them... I'd love to meet her.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would like to run a half marathon. Or maybe even a full marathon...

As a web programmer with lots of energy and passion, I am also planning on building a huge non-profit website for people to learn a healthy nutrition, of course with a plant-based diet emphasis. I currently pay $300/mo out of my own pocket for a gaming site, I will quit that and put it all towards a healthy living website which will help people live longer lives and keep our world healthier and more sustainable as well.

I want to call it fitnuts.com (people interested in FITness and NUTrition).

Other than that, my goals are to see as much of this world as I can, the non-touristy parts.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
I don't know what I would like or need to do before I die.

(is that a good or a bad sign?)

I only hope to have the feeling it was all worth wile when the moment is there.

I don't know how to look at "death", when people mention this subject I allway think: I might never return "home" again, life could end within five minutes......

1 - 20 of 84 Posts