VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some new vegan multi-vitamin/minerals supplements today. My old ones had about 250% of the RDA of Vitamin B12... but these ones have 5000%!<br><br><br><br>
Is that not an unhealthy amount?!?!<br><br><br><br>
I'm sure I read somewhere that less B12 is absorbed in large quantities...<br><br><br><br>
So... anyone know anything about it?! *stares at Soilman*

·
Registered
478 Posts
All I know is that B12 is water soluable so you generally don't have to worry about overdosing on it. I do believe i have heard that your body absorbs it better in smaller quantities though.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
B12 can not be overdosed.<br><br><br><br>
What is the brand of the vitamins?<br><br>
Ive been looking for Vegan multis, but some of the Vegan types have vitamin D3 in it, what makes them non-vegan.<br><br><br><br>
The only (online) source I have is the ultra freeda from Vegan essentials.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are called Quest multi-nutrients. They're pretty expensive, but they do contain an *awful* lot of vitamins and minerals. Even ones I haven't heard of before.<br><br><br><br>
And it's got 'Vegan Society' stamped all over it, so I assume that it is 100% vegan, unlike some supplements, as you say.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
mine don't show it as a percentage, what's the RDA? says 75mcg of B12 per 2 tablets

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
hmm. mine are per 2 cause it says to take 2 each day. i never do though, so i only get half of that anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts