VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a water park today (Wet 'n Wild), and had a great time. I live in Orlando, and of course we are famous for our theme parks. However, I know there are amusement parks everywhere. What does everyone do vegan wise? I know the easiest thing would be to bring your own food, but I like the full park experience, and as weird as this sounds, that includes eating their food. Today all I had was french fries though

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Walt Disney World is very vegan friendly, even more than Disneyland here in California is! I don't have a ton of information right now but if you google vegan food at Walt Disney World I'm sure you'll find lots of information. I'm really jealous of Walt Disney World's food! Also, I don't know if you're a Harry Potter fan, but I was researching going to Orlando a while ago and was going to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure, and I found out the signature Butterbeer offered there is surprisingly began! Just ask for it with no whip and it's fine, despite the name "butterbeer".

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Yes, there are actual vegan menus at Disney World. A gluten allergic vegan from another forum was there recently and was able to find tons of awesome food. I suppose it depends on the options the specific theme park has. If they didn't have too many options after doing some research, I'd bring my own food.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I wonder if Legoland Carlsbad has vegan options? I'm going Monday but if no one here has been and has good luck with it I'll just bring some snacks and a sandwich.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Walt Disney World is very vegan friendly, even more than Disneyland here in California is! I don't have a ton of information right now but if you google vegan food at Walt Disney World I'm sure you'll find lots of information. I'm really jealous of Walt Disney World's food! Also, I don't know if you're a Harry Potter fan, but I was researching going to Orlando a while ago and was going to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure, and I found out the signature Butterbeer offered there is surprisingly began! Just ask for it with no whip and it's fine, despite the name "butterbeer".
I looked into it and was amazed how vegan friendly Disney is! Here is a great link I found for how to enjoy a vegan Disney vacation.
http://veganindisney.wordpress.com/

I'm totally going to plan a trip for my kids soon!

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Yeah, Disneyland is vegan friendly, too, but Walt Disney World is even more vegan friendly. Luckily here in California they are taking after Walt Disney World, though, all the new restaraunts have great vegan options. For example, one of the two brand new restaurants in Disney California Adventure is a restaurant where you pick your meat skewer and your sauce and it comes with sides of veggies and a rife peelof type dish. One of the "meat" options is a tofu skewer.

In Disneyland's newest restaurant, a family style barbecue that's all you can eat where they keep bringing endless food to your table, one of the buckets is a meat bucket but if you tell them you're veggie they'll bring out a bucket of endless tofu skewers and I believe you can also ask for veggie skewers at no extra charge, and it's in addition to the meat which is great for me to eat with my omni family and I won't be stuck with sides. They also have vegan gumbo in a bread bowl, we were talking about it in another thread, and I haven't ha it but danakscully64 has and she says it's really good. I've heard from vegans on a Disney website I go to that the gumbo is the best vegan meal in the parks and it's their favorite vegan meal. I'm not sure if they have it at Walt Disney World since they don't have a New Orleans Square and I haven't been since before I was vegan.

I have a whole list of Disneyland's options on my phone, I'll have to post it here so if people are looking for the options and search theme parks they'll find them.

Disneyland Vegan Food
•Royal Street Veranda
-Gumbo
•Rancho del Zocalo
-Soft Tacos Monterey (no cheese, no sour cream)
•Tomorrowland Terrace
-Portabello Sandwich (no cheese or basil aioli)
-Veggie Burger (no cheese)
•Bengal Barbecue
-Veggie skewer
•River Belle Terrace
-Vegetable Po'boy
•Harbour Galley
-Vegetarian chili (no cheese)
•Hungry Bear Restaurant
-Veggie burger(no cheese)
-Fried Green Tomato Sandwich (no harvati or remoulade)
•Village Haus
-Veggie burger (no cheese)

California Adventure Vegan Food
•Taste Pilot's Grill
-Veggie Burger (no cheese)
•Lucky Fortune Cookery
-Tofu rice bowl (all sauces except Thai Coconut Curry)
•Pacific Wharf
-Vegetarian chili (no cheese)

I haven't added the new California Adventure options yet but those are all the other ones

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLayish View Post

there are amusement parks everywhere. What does everyone do vegan wise? I know the easiest thing would be to bring your own food, but I like the full park experience, and as weird as this sounds, that includes eating their food. Today all I had was french fries though
You do the same thing you do when you're traveling anywhere and there aren't many obvious vegan options and you haven't brought food with you or planned out the vegan food by researching the place beforehand - you get creative!

You look for fresh fruit and nuts everywhere. Many restaurants have a fruit plate/fruit cup. Many convenience stores have packages of nuts. Some have whole fresh fruit. Likewise, many have energy bars like Cliff bars or larabars.

You ask for customization. Eg: "I'll have the chicken-spinach salad without the chicken or cheese." or "I'll have the bacon-avocado sandwich without the bacon or mayo." Sometimes food servers will respond to a request like this by asking, "Are you vegan?" and then they suggest other options. It doesn't happen all the time but it's nice when it does.

You go for the old stand-bys: oatmeal, dry toast, steamed veggies, french fries, bella on a bun, plain baked potato, pasta with red sauce, etc. You know, the things that are traditionally vegan.

You ask for help. For example, "I don't eat meat, dairy, eggs, or honey. Can you recommend something that I can eat?"

You make exceptions if you have to. Sometimes you're just so hungry that the vegan boundaries might blur a bit. Like, you choose not to worry about the tiny bit of egg that might be in the veggie burger bun. Or you don't bother to ask if there is honey in the wheat bread.

You opt for "ethnic" (aka racially profile your restaurant options) and choose the places that seem like they might have more veg food, like Chinese or Indian.

You subsist on junk food like original Fritos and Swedish Fish.

You go hungry every now and then and make up for it later with a double serving of kale and kelp (just kidding).

·
Registered
110 Posts
I feel the same way about wanting to eat the food! Hopefully they would have a veggie burger, and if not I would get fries too (hopefully the chip-wagon type!)

I've only been to one theme park since becoming a vegan, because most of the ones near me have petting zoos, pony-rides, etc. I got really lucky because when I was asking the server about the ingredients in their food, she said she was a vegan too, and that she kept vegan stuff on hand to make her own meals. She ended up making me a grilled sandwich with Daiya, vegenaise and lots of veggies, with fries on the side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.