VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The odor of sizzling pig belly just woke me up today gagging. I had to burn enough incense to make the air breathable again that my eyes started itching.

Do you hate the smell of bacon? Other meats?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I'm despise the smell of frying bacon. I had to put up with it every weekend when I lived with my father!
Sorry you had to deal with that.

Also, tuna and other fish being cooked or prepared is gross. Beef being cooked smells like poop to me.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
To be honest the smell of meat and fish doesnt bother me...sometimes the fresh fish section smells a bit and its unpleasant but it doesnt make me want to vom.
I grew up ina meat eating home, and the smell was never bad.
The smell of cooking meat like bacon just smells...blah...it doesnt make me want to eat it nor does it turn my stomach.

Bad smells for me-cheap fruity perfume..yak!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The smell of bacon has always made me feel a little ill. I don't really know what it is about it.

Although supposedly that's what humans smell like when they burn, so maybe that's the smell I don't enjoy :p

I also don't like the smell of fresh fish any more. A little is okay, but when it's a large fish counter... barf. I went to a restaurant recently, and they tried to sit me next to all the dead fish on ice. It's the only time I've ever had to say "actually, no, that table is not okay".

·
Registered
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

The smell of cooking meat like bacon just smells...blah...it does make me want to eat it nor does it turn my stomach.
Same. I never did get the whole bacon craving thing that a lot of veggies get. It's just another smell... it's only good or bad depending on how you choose to react to it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Only the smell of fish really turns me off. But I've always hated seafood and felt that way even as an omni. Fresh or cooked, it's all disgusting.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
cooking eggs remind me of vomit, for some reason.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

The cheese section at Whole Foods smells like a caravan of hobos airing out their feet.
Yes. I try to hold my breath and walk by wicked fast.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

Disgusting smells commonly found in my work's break/lunch room:

Reheated fish (as if it wasn't bad enough the first time, it smells even worse when reheated)

Burned popcorn (how stupid do you have to be to burn microwave popcorn EVERY ****ING DAY??
Agreed on the reheated fish, or any cooked fish. It makes my stomach turn.
I also despise the smell of bacon or sausage frying. Reminds me of those nasty breakfasts I had as a kid. I never was into breakfast, and I'm still not, lol. Blech.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The smell of cooked/uncooked/cooking meat/fish doesn't smell bad to me. Burnt hair tho..ewws

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
The worst smell I can remember is when I smelled both the cologne of an assassin sent after me and the smell of chainsaw motor oil at the same time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The smell of meat/cheese/eggs doesn't bother me. The worst smell? Dead people (no, I'm not a murderer, I'm a cop!) :s

1 - 20 of 50 Posts