VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen The White Lies dvd or read the report by the Vegetarian & Vegan Foundation? I watched this dvd a couple of days ago and it blew me away. Dairy causes cancer and a whole host of other minor and major ailments. The dvd is a talk with various professors and all their statements are backed up with reports, documents and statistics. If you can get hold of this dvd then please, please do watch it. It could change your life for ever!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Interesting. There's a locally owned video store near me that is owned by a vegan couple. They have lots of AR movies, maybe they'll have that one.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Oh brother. I used to be vegan & read all the literature. I hardly consider Robert Cohen to be reliable. Do I think dairy is unhealthy? In greater-than-small quantities, yes. Can it be a contributor in a lifestyle that leads to cancer? Yes. Does it actually cause cancer? no.

ETA: There may be chemicals that we feed/give cows in our mass-production dairy practices these days that can lead to or at the very least increase your risk to cancer. But it's the hormones/additives that would be establishing the risk, not dairy itself.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Cow Milk is for Cows.

People Milk is for People.

Few, if any, animals ingest milk as adults.

I'm glad that I know so many people who know more about this than scientists.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
>>I'm glad that I know so many people who know more about this than scientists.>>

Then why are you resorting to reasoning that isn't scientifically sound in this post?

ebola

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
I'm waiting for someone to start praising raw milk and how guzzling cow teat juice will save them from every ailment known to man.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
isn't this a happy thread? is their any one of us here that doesn't have veiws that go against the grain of "nomal" society? Is their any one of us here that proudly consume all animal products and claim that it is healthy to do so? Why can't we be peaceful with one person here who says that they saw a documentary on how milk is unhealthy, and they agree with it?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sorry I started this thread but I so wanted to share what I had heard and seen in The White Lies dvd. Please, please watch the dvd if you can. Or go to the Vegetarian & Vegan Foundation website and find out more. The 2 hour lecture was presented by three professors. The lecture is all backed up with scientific studies and it is excellently presented. We all know that dairy is an unnatural foodstuff. If you aren't prepared to lie on the grass under a cow and suck her teats for milk, then why is it "natural" to drink it out of a bottle? Would you drink human milk as an adult? It is physically wrong, morally wrong and makes you sick. Very sick. All I ask is that you watch the dvd or order The White Lies report and hear what these professors have to say before poo-pooing me.

Good health to all!

theatregirl

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Well, all I meant was that if you're going to go around telling people that dairy causes cancer because you saw it on a DVD, you should know how to back it up.

If I went around saying that mushrooms are bad for you, people would want to know why. Saying something is so doesn't make it true.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't have started the thread. I just encourage you to continue to ask why and whether something actually makes sense.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
>>Huh?>>

The health research should speak for itself. The fact that something is natural or unnatural (to the extent that this sort of dichotomy may be maintained at all) says nothing of whether something will promote or hinder health (given a certain context of lifestyle habits).

ebola

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer89 View Post

Why can't we be peaceful with one person here who says that they saw a documentary on how milk is unhealthy, and they agree with it?
Because people like to be troublemakers.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post

Not Just Cancer, OA...

http://www.notmilk.com/

Featuring studies seen in:

Nature, British Medical Journal, Scientific American.

It's in poor taste to discount a thread without having any knowledge of the subject at hand (RTFA, as they say).
featuring studies and highlighting correlations inappropriately imo (circular citations as well)...keeping in mind i only clicked on a few of the links. That's not to say i support dairy consumption as I don't care if there are benefits etc.

eta: who is Robert Cohen? i tried a search but came up with all kinds of stuff/people

etaa: one canard on the quackometer for this site???

http://www.quackometer.net/?url=http...notmilk.com%2F

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya View Post

who is Robert Cohen? i tried a search but came up with all kinds of stuff/people
The "Notmilk Man", someone who even those in the vegan community consider unreliable.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

The "Notmilk Man", someone who even those in the vegan community consider unreliable.
well, i read on amazon that he was a researcher in the 70's but haven't found any kind of CV/bio. eh...i gravitated to the crohn's link (ya know my bro has it) and was a bit put off. i don't like that kind of stuff because it's misleading.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts