VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrrVDQEz5L0

So, the filmmakers have been good friends for a long time with Chris Palmer, who was my Producing Environmental and Wildlife Films professor last semester. This film has already been released in Seattle and Tacoma, and will be released at The Avalon in D.C. on October 14. However, tonight, Chris Palmer's current class and my Environmental and Wildlife Production class, and anyone else who attended the screening at Wechsler, got to see this really fantastic film, The Whale, with the filmmakers.

The trailer will tell you what this documentary is about. This is not an advocacy film, it's a storytelling film, and it's one damn fine story. I encourage everyone to watch it. It's rated G, bring the entire family.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:
Luna: A Whale to Watch

The true story of a lonely orca leaps from printed page to silver screen, with a boost from new technology

What if you found a story right in front of you, and it had the best real-life hero you'd ever met and a story line you could never have imagined on your own? What if it filled you with amazement and joy and sadness and hope? What if you could not resist telling everyone you met until someone said it ought to be a movie because the studios are just remaking superhero movies these days and need something fresh, and you thought, yes, that's right?

And what if the studios weren't interested, and you took advantage of a technological revolution and set out to make the movie yourself? Then what if, against all odds, you finished your movie and people liked it but the theaters had no interest? And what if an honest-to-goodness movie superhero came along with a green flash at the last minute to save the day?

A likely story, you think. But it happened just that way (except for the green flash) to my wife, Suzanne Chisholm, and me. It began right here in the pages of this magazine, and you should be able to see the result in theaters this summer.

[...]
The Complete Article

1 - 2 of 2 Posts