VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life is a book by a woman called Melisser Elliott and it goes over almost every possible topic in a cruelty-free lifestyle.
I have been vegetarian for well over a year now and for the past 3 months I have researched veganism to death. I have done a week here and a week there of eating nothing but vegan meals but still considered myself vegetarian because I never fully committed myself to the transition. I didn't even consider myself vegetarian until I had gone without meat for over 6 months. I don't believe you can consider yourself anything until fully committing yourself and being so for a considerable amount of time. Today is my first day of dedicating myself to veganism. I want to and will go all the way for life with this decision but until I know I have been this way for a while I won't coin the moniker. Anyway, I digress. I have gotten through the first chapter of The Vegan Girl's Guide and it has reinforced all of my decisions. Anyone else have any transition stories or resources to share? Support is an amazing motivator.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!! And I have seen it. I didn't know much about her until I found the book and did some research. I also got Vegan Freak; being vegan in a non-vegan world. I haven't started that yet since Melisser's book appeals to the cupcake baking, vegan aspired, craft loving girl inside of me more. I also just think based upon my research that she is a fantastic woman who advocates for animals, women, and the environment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.