VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After numerous searches, I couldn't find the old tea thread, so here's a new one.

My absolute favorite teas right now:

What are yours?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I love Samurai Chai Mate from Teavana. I only drink loose-leaf, because I'm a snob

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I surprise everyone by putting two bags of tea leaves in th water rather than one.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

I've tried to love the Republic of Tea, but every one I've tried has been unbelievably weak. I have most of a can of the chocolate coconut one in my pantry right now left over from last winter. It smelled really good, but just tasted like dirty water.
All bagged tea is that way. Try loose-leaf.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:

I've had some bagged tea that had good flavor. I'm intimidated by loose-leaf tea, or more specifically, the people that work at the Teavana here. They're so pushy! Follow me around the store and want to question and or/educate me at length on every item in the store, when I just want to browse. As soon as I shake one of them, another one comes over.
I HATE that about shopping there. It's very unpleasant. I just tell them, "No thanks, I'll come get you when I'm ready." I used to work in a small store like that, and they really push the employees to bug the shoppers. You can always buy online

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

I love Samurai Chai Mate from Teavana. I only drink loose-leaf, because I'm a snob
[/IMG]
I've had back luck with loose leaf. Mostly the damn tea balls. All of the ones I have suck and let a ton of leaves into the water. I got a teapot at Disneyland, it's pretty awesome for when I'm in the mood for the Tea Party tea (loose). I'll post a picture soon.

Quote:

I've tried to love the Republic of Tea, but every one I've tried has been unbelievably weak. I have most of a can of the chocolate coconut one in my pantry right now left over from last winter. It smelled really good, but just tasted like dirty water.
Which ones have you tried? Are you boiling the water? I don't have issues with it being weak, I even reuse a bag for a 2nd cup.

Chocolate coconut just sounds gross

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

I've tried maybe six different RoT flavors. Considering how much they cost, I am really hesitant to try any more. I boil the water. My electric kettle heats to boiling then shuts off. I pour the water right away, or if I'm making green tea I'll wait five minutes or so. I don't take the tea bag out of the cup, still no strong flavor from RoT. The only time I reuse a bag for a second cup, I plop another bag on top of the first one. Maybe I just have a knack for choosing the duds.

Chocolate coconut gross?
Don't you like coconut mocha frappucchino? The tea bags smell like a Mounds bar.
Weird. I sweeten my tea, I wonder if that makes a difference. They seem strong enough for me.

Yeah, but not in tea form. That just sounds weird

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I've had back luck with loose leaf. Mostly the damn tea balls. All of the ones I have suck and let a ton of leaves into the water. I got a teapot at Disneyland, it's pretty awesome for when I'm in the mood for the Tea Party tea (loose). I'll post a picture soon.
Get one of those fine mesh tea basket thingies that go in your cup, way better than tea balls.

IMO best place ever for loose tea, been buying from them for years:

http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/home.asp

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Quote:

I'll second the ROT being weak, I've tried quite a bit of it too.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I <3 a cup of tea.

Just normal black tea though; nothing else beats it. Sorts you right out & always makes you feel better.

I drink other teas such as green tea & redbush etc, but not because I like them...just because they're good for you.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.