VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love baked beans and always have a few tins in the cupboard. Not only are they perfect for when you want a quick lunch, but also great for using as a quick ingredient for a more substantial meal. These baked bean and vegetable burgers are absolutely delicious, full of flavour and have the most incredible texture. When you next reach for a tin, why not try these wonderful burgers. I am sure these are going to get incredible feedback. Enjoy. This recipe makes 4-6 burgers.

http://www.theveganhousehold.com/mains/the-ultimate-baked-bean-and-vegetable-burger/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Yum, thanks for sharing this... :drool:

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Know what I really like for textural in bean burgers?
Rice.
I make a bean burger with canned chili beans, okara, cornmeal, oats and cooked rice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks lovely. I am definitely looking for veggie burger recipes.

One thing worth mentioning is that baked beans in the US and in the UK/Europe are different. In the US, the baked beans you usually find are actually BBQ beans with a BBQ-like sauce rather than just plain tomato sauce. I learned that actually when I was living abroad in Israel where the baked beans were the UK/European kind.

I thought it might be worth mentioning because if you're in the US and making this with baked beans, the burgers will have a different flavor to them.

Djuna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts