VeggieBoards banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i figured it's about time we got a simpson's quote thread on the go.<br><br><br><br>
post your favourite quotes, simpson's moments, etc.<br><br><br><br>
my boyfriend's words to live by are: there's a simpson's reference to every situation in life<br><br>
i sometimes time him and our roommate, between quotes. on an average day, it's about 5 minutes.<br><br><br><br>
i've grown so accustomed to it that i sometimes don't even notice until one of them turns to me and says "how long was that?"

·
Registered
139 Posts
Classic one by Homer (When he's super fat and disabled):<br><br><i>'To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?</i><br><br><br><br>
hehehe...

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
"And what if we picked the wrong religion? Every week, we're just making God madder and madder!" -Homer<br><br><br><br>
"Things aren't as happy as they used to be down here at the unemployment office. Joblessness is no longer just for philosophy majors. Useful people are starting to feel the pinch." -Kent Brockman

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Hrmm... picking my favorite Simpsons quote is like picking my favorite beer. It's just that there are so many!<br><br><br><br>
Some hall-of-famers:<br><br><br><br>
Krusty [to Homer, on a gold course] - "quit cojegating, Steinmetz, and use an open-faced club! A sand wedge!"<br><br>
Homer - "mmm... [drool] open-faced club sandwich"<br><br><br><br>
Homer: "Lisa, if the Bible has taught us anything, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl sports. Like mud-wrestling and foxy boxing and such 'n such."<br><br><br><br>
and you can't go wrong with a few Ralph Wiggum quotes:<br><br><br><br>
"When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University"<br><br>
"When I grow up, I want to be a principle, or a caterpillar."<br><br>
Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, SuperNintendo Chalmers!<br><br><br><br>
Of course, the Max Power theme song might be my favorite "quote" of all: <a href="http://www.theback40.com/maxpower.mp3" target="_blank">http://www.theback40.com/maxpower.mp3</a><br><br><br><br>
and in conclusion, the toast I gave at my buddy's wedding in August; a Homer-toast: "To beer. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

·
Registered
590 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by VeggieMonster</i><br><br><b>Classic one by Homer (When he's super fat and disabled):<br><br><i>'To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?</i><br><br><br><br>
hehehe...</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
Haha, I used to have that as my windows start-up sound.

·
Banned
559 Posts
i can't participate in this poll. the only time i have ever seen the simpsons is in 1998, when i was in england. then i watched it every day for two weeks with my host dad, this crazy happy really cute little scottish man. who was near impossible to understand.<br><br><br><br>
he was sooooo excited about the simpsons and got ready every day by pouring an excessive amount of peanuts onto a plate and nuking them for a minute and then putting an excessive amount of salt onto them.<br><br><br><br>
he would sit for an hour laughing his ass off, poppin' his peanuts.<br><br><br><br>
good ****.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah i gotsta add..<br><br><br><br>
when bf or roommate says "how long was that?" it is in fact, a simpsons reference. when grandpa simpson is asked "can't you go 5 minutes without embarassing yourself?" *pants fall down* "how long was that?"<br><br><br><br>
hehe<br><br><br><br>
one i use a lot lately is Lisa imitating Ralph "and then Ralph says 'I can do a sumbersalt' which has nothing to do with anything!"

·
Registered
794 Posts
Anything by Ralph Wiggum, in particular:<br><br><br><br><b>Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!<br><br><br><br>
Ralph: "Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent."<br><br>
Ms. Hoover: "Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?"<br><br>
Ralph: "He was going to the bathroom."<br><br><br><br>
"Oh boy - sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"<br><br></b><br><br><br><br>
Milhouse:<br><br><b><br><br>
"Remember Alf? Well he's back...in POG form!"<br><br></b><br><br><br><br>
Homer, to the Smashing Pumpkins:<br><br><b><br><br>
"Thanks to your gloomy, depressing music, my children no longer hope for the future I can not afford to give them."</b>

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Bart: Ah, come on, dad, this could be the miracle that saves The Simpsons' christmas! If TV has taught me anything, it's that miracles always happens to poor kids at Christmas. It happened to Tiny Tim, it happened to Charlie Brown, it happened to The Smurfs, and it's gonna happen to us!<br><br><br><br>
Hey kids! I made your favorite cookies! Christmas trees for the girls, and bloody spearheads for Bart!<br><br>
--Marge, "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace"<br><br><br><br>
It's craptacular.<br><br>
--Bart on Homer's Christmas lights display, "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace"<br><br><br><br>
Dear Santa, if you bring me lots of good stuff, I promise not to do anything<br><br>
bad between now and when I wake up. Amen.<br><br>
-- Bart praying on Christmas eve, "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace"<br><br><br><br>
I'm Kent Brockman. I'm here at the scene of the Christmas burglary, where a creature <was> stirring last night, and what he was stirring was "up trouble."<br><br>
-- Kent Brockman, "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace"<br><br><br><br>
[Edited to add that I noticed that this is my 100th post. I'm in the triple digits now!]

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Owner: "Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!"<br><br>
Homer: "Ooooh, that's bad."<br><br>
Owner: "But it comes with a free Frogurt!"<br><br>
Homer: "That's good."<br><br>
Owner: "The Frogurt is also cursed."<br><br>
Homer: "That's bad."<br><br>
Owner: "But you get your choice of topping!"<br><br>
Homer: "That's good."<br><br>
Owner: "The toppings contains Potassium Benzoate."<br><br>
Homer: ........<br><br>
Owner: "That's bad."<br><br><br><br>
Homer: "Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs?Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?"<br><br><br><br>
Homer: "But Marge! I was a political prisoner!"<br><br>
Marge: "How were you a political prisoner?"<br><br>
Homer: "I kicked a giant mouse in the butt! Do I have to draw you a picture?"<br><br><br><br>
Mr. Burns: "I don't like being outdoors, Smithers. For one thing there are too many fat children."

·
Registered
0 Posts
"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - Ralph Wiggum<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Ralph: That Valentine sure was funny.<br><br>
Lisa: [giggles politely] Glad you liked it.<br><br>
Ralph: Heh heh. It says "choo-choo-choose me" and there's a picture of a train.<br><br>
Lisa: Yeah, nice gag.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
"Kids, let me tell you about another so-called [makes quotation marks with<br><br>
fingers] ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't<br><br>
always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...<br><br>
I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what<br><br>
I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"- Homer in Homer the Heretic<br><br><br><br>
Troy: Come on Jimmy, let's take a peek at the killing floor.<br><br>
Jimmy: Ohhh!<br><br>
Troy: Don't let the name throw you Jimmy. It's not really a floor,<br><br>
it's more of a steel grating that allows material to slide<br><br>
through so it can be collected and exported.<br><br>
-from the film "The Meat Council Presents: `Meat and You: Partners in<br><br>
Freedom'. Number 3F03 in the `Resistance is Useless' series."<br><br><br><br>
There's soooo many good ones. Thanks to everyone for bringing back so many Simpsons memories. Maybe I should have a marathon viewing tonight.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Okay, I just watched this one and althoguh I hate to be the guy to post the "one too many" post, but whatever! Here's the transcript to the "Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokle" mini-episode:<br><br><br><br>
[singing theme song] Some folks'll never eat a skunk, but then-again some folk'll, like Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokle.<br><br><br><br>
[Cletus, to his 'wife' holding some old boots] Hey Brandine I just found these. I thought you might could wears 'em to yer job interview.<br><br><br><br>
[Brandine] What? And scuff ups the topless dancing floor? Naw. Best you puts 'em back from where you gots 'em.<br><br><br><br>
[Cletus walks out] Okay then.<br><br><br><br>
[Cletus on top of a telephone pole] Back yous goes to wait for a woman of less discrimating taste [throw's boot over telephone wire and looks around] Hey I could call maw from up here. <i>HEY MAW GET OFF THE DANG ROOF</i><br><br><br><br>
[theme song] Some folk'll never lose a toe but then again some folk'll, like Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokle.<br><br><br><br>
[Cletus looking through the Warner-Bros-esque circle] Hey what's go'n on on this side?<br><br><br><br>
THE END!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Homer: "it's long, tiring work, but when i see that look on their little faces.. i just know they're about to jab me with something."<br><br><br><br>
er, or something like that, i may have messed it up a bit

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Groundskeeper Willy: "There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scotsman."<br><br><br><br>
Homer: "Stupider like a fox!"<br><br><br><br>
Homer: "That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!"<br><br><br><br>
Ralph: "Me fail english? That's unpossible!"<br><br><br><br>
Homer: "Marge, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Sleepy? Gassy? Gassy? Is it gas? It's gas, isn't it?"

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Homer: "My GOD you're greasy"

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Moe singing:<br><br><br><br>
Moe moe moe!<br><br>
How do you like me, how do you like me?<br><br>
Moe moe moe!<br><br>