VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else watch this show? I love it.
. I wish it was an hour long. I've actually started watching a lot of shows from the Soul because the full episodes are even funnier, like Toddlers and Tiaras and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant.

I'm glad they're finally showing more of Mankini, but I still want more of Lou and Dancing Maxi Pad. The guest stars are cool but I like The Soup's characters better.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Love The Soup and Joel McHale!! I very much appreciate his hatred and annoyance of Tyra!! Can that woman's ego get any bigger?? Ugh!! The Soup also introduced me to Wendy Williams! She's hilarious!! And she taught me how to spot a bad weave.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I am not in the Joel McHale = sexy club. I don't find him "hot" but then everyone else seems to. I do have a different taste in guys though.

I'm pretty shocked at his talent. I hope he gets offered more film roles. I'd be interested in seeing him acting in a very dramatic role.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I am not in the Joel McHale = sexy club. I don't find him "hot" but then everyone else seems to. I do have a different taste in guys though.

I'm pretty shocked at his talent. I hope he gets offered more film roles. I'd be interested in seeing him acting in a very dramatic role.
I agree! He's a great actor, but in spite of his nice body I can't get over that massive forehead or his pixie nose.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
The Soup has moved to 10pm on Wednesday nights. This sucks because it's on the same time as American Horror Story, but since the switch E! seems to re-air it several times throughout the week and weekend.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

My mom likes him after seeing him in What's Your Number? but she thinks he's an awful actor, but whenever he's in a magazine she buys them to read the interviews and look at the pictures, and she'll see his movies to laugh at his acting and just to see him, it's really odd.

I think he used to be a horrible actor, in SpiderMan he was bad, and he was pretty bad in Community at first, but now I think he has really gotten better, and I love seeing him in films, even though he seems to only do small parts and cameos.

How does everyone else feel about the move to Wednesday? It makes me so mad, it just doesn't feel the same. Something about watching the Soup on Fridays was great, and the show just seemed better, it seemed to have funnier footage, but maybe I'm just mad about the Wednesday thing. The last episode was pretty good actually, though, and I haven't watched all of it yet but from what I've seen it's funny. I want the Soup to be an hour long, then I'll adjust to the Wednesday move.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
^Jess,
Has your mom seen the Community episode where he impersonates the dean? His acting was incredible. He was spot on imitating him. I agree that his acting didn't start out so great but has definitely improved.

Did you see the new Spy Kids movie? I wonder how he is in that. I want to see it just because I know his parts look funny. (Okay, plus I'll admit I've seen all the rest of them and I'm curious to see the old kids all grown up now.)

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

^Jess,
Has your mom seen the Community episode where he impersonates the dean? His acting was incredible. He was spot on imitating him. I agree that his acting didn't start out so great but has definitely improved.

Did you see the new Spy Kids movie? I wonder how he is in that. I want to see it just because I know his parts look funny. (Okay, plus I'll admit I've seen all the rest of them and I'm curious to see the old kids all grown up now.)
I loved that episode! I remember the first time I watched it I put it on in the background while doing homework and wasn't really paying attention, then I looked up midway and I couldn't figure out who that was until I rewound it and realized it was actually him! I don't think my mom has seen it yet, our living room DVR is backed up, but that episode was hilarious.

I haven't seen the new Spy Kids but I was wondering how he was in it, too. From the commercials I think his acting could go either way in it, but he has improved a lot so I think he's probably good. I wish he got more comedy roles mostly, even things like romcoms would be nice to see him in

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Quote:

I am not in the Joel McHale = sexy club. I don't find him "hot" but then everyone else seems to.
He's better looking on Community and always dresses well. The Soup's lighting isn't particularly flattering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

I think he used to be a horrible actor, in SpiderMan he was bad, and he was pretty bad in Community at first, but now I think he has really gotten better, and I love seeing him in films, even though he seems to only do small parts and cameos.
Holy crap, I didn't even know he was in Spiderman and I love that film (he played the bank employee apparently). It's always weird when that happens. I didn't start watching the Soup until way after I'd seen Spiderman so I never made the connection. It's like when I rewatched Dawn of the Dead and the father from Modern Family is in their swearing and having sex. lol

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Hal Sparks was also in Spiderman. Hal Sparks hosted The Soup before Joel McHale. Greg Kinnear also hosted and so did Aisha Tyler (for a short time). Yes I've been watching The Soup since 1991 when it first aired and was originally called Talk Soup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts